corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Android help pls

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Android help pls
Jason x
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Aug 14 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skip to bold for TLDR

Got my first android phone for cheap the other day, always had an iPhone so not very familiar with it and wanted to try it out.

However I've got a problem with some of the apps (Callander & settings) Everytime I click into settings and select something within the settings app I get a message popping up (unfortunately settings stopped working)and the app closes, this also happened with calendar.

With my iPhone I'm used to plugging the phone in and restoring if I have an issues however I'm not sure how to do it with this phone (LG G2)

I have done a reset via the phone however I assume it's not a true reset and rather just erasing data and ressetting defaults.

my question is - how do I factory reset the phone

I use a Mac btw, but do have access to a windows machine if need be

[Edited on 19-08-2014 by Jason x]
Brett
Premium Member

19th Aug 14 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.Take your phone and turn it off – just press power button and select “power off”.

2.Wait while your device is shutting down.

3.Then, press volume down button and power button together until the LG logo appears on the screen.

4.When the LG logo is displayed, let go of the power button, keep pressing the volume down key and then press once more the power button.

5.Once you do that, on your LG G2 the factory reset menu will be displayed.

6.Press power button in order to agree and wait while the hard reset is being completed.
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Aug 14 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Already tried doing that, no luck still get the error.

I'm not sure if its been previously tampered with, the person i bought it from said he deleted something and its done it since.
Neo

20th Aug 14 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried this - bit different to bretts approach

http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Perform_a_hardware_factory_reset_LG_G2/49589-396
Dom

20th Aug 14 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the previous owner rooted the device and well and truly pissed around with the '/system' partition and the only solution is to reflash a stock ROM (firmware).

Issue you have though is that unless 'USB Debugging' is enabled (or you can enable it via the Settings app) or the phone is already rooted (unlikely) then you're pretty much up shit creek unless you can get someone (local mobile shop perhaps or LG directly) to do a reflash via JTAG (if that's doable on the G2).

If 'USB Debugging' is enabled then it's reasonably straight forward to flash a stock ROM to the G2, just double and triple read everything before you go ahead - there's a shed load of threads on XDA Developers regarding reflashing and the G2 (specifically this one - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476).

Neo - I believe that is Sprint specific (the bootloader looks like ClockworkMod) as the bootloader on a standard LG doesn't look anything like that.

[Edited on 20-08-2014 by Dom]
Jason x
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I followed the last link you posted and the phone is back fully functioning on stock 4.4.2 I wasn't able to enable de-bugging mode in settings as I couldn't access settings but it seemed to have worked anyway
Dom

25th Aug 14 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a bit of a result then
Jason x
Premium Member

30th Aug 14 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah cheers for the help

Not a bad phone. Had been using an iPhone for so long it's a nice change
oceansoul

1st Sep 14 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Yeah cheers for the help

Not a bad phone. Had been using an iPhone for so long it's a nice change

More people need to adopt this attitude, and try new things.

This thread and evilrob's microsoft thread are both examples of people leaving apple to try out something new and having good experience's with it.

New Poll