corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Broadband

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broadband
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Nov 14 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it differs to where you live and everything

Currently with BT and there absolutley shite. Hardly ever works, when it does work the wifi doesn't. Now just been sent an email to say we've almost used up our "unlimited" amount of broadband
Also got a bt YouView box in one of the living rooms. And that's worse than the internet, hardly ever boots up and when it does you will get halfway through watching a program and it will crash.
There support was shocking. Told me how to reboot it and update it. So I did. And it sill does it all the time, told me I might need a new box but need to pay for an engineer to come have a look at it first

So. Want rid of the box and the internet
Who does good deals? And who has good speeds?
Not that clued up on it all to be honest...
Bart

16th Nov 14 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky is your obvious alternative to replace what you have now, but tbh, if you ring up and cancel BT and describe the above you'll likely get new equipment and much better support.
Jimbothebarbarian

16th Nov 14 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bt's customers service is fucking shocking tbh. But if you cancel you usually get a good deal.

The last time I got in touch (had to send a letter ffs because you struggle to log on to bt.com when your fucking interweb is bust)

It turned out the phone lines to our village had been fucked for weeks but I was the only one who could be arsed with getting through to them. Two weeks of bt vans everywhere and hey presto!
Cavey

16th Nov 14 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT as a whole are pretty awful
Cavey

16th Nov 14 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Samknows.com will help with your choices. Also broadbandchoices is the comparison site for it
Whittie

19th Nov 14 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm moving house next week and actually renewed with TalkTalk. Their customer service is slowly getting better.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the advice chaps. Just a quick update.

Did what a few of you said and rang bt to tell them were off.
Quickly got upgraded to unlimited usage. Bt infinity with a new dual band home hub and a new V2 you view box for less money than were paying a month now... Happy with that result for now. See how the internet is when all this lot gets going then decide wether to stay or go...

Thanks guys

[Edited on 21-11-2014 by FlaFFy_91]
Dave

21st Nov 14 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was an advert for BT infinity on the radio today where they were on about bundling Netflix with it, super fast this, stream all your favourite shows, download movies etc but in the blurb at the end there was a 20gb cap. Surely if you watch even a reasonable amount on Netflix you'll smash through that!
John

21st Nov 14 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure you're not in a new 12 month contract now flaffy? That's standard BT practice.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No made sure of that john. They put me through to 3 different managers as none knew whether I could carry on my origional. In the end one just agreed to it.

New Poll