corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Real Watch Day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Real Watch Day
dan_m1les

User status: Offline
5th Dec 14 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking at buying an Omega Seamaster from Watch Finder and wondered if anyone has any experience? I know they are the top rated watch seller on trusted reviews but its always good to hear from people on here.

Also does anyone have any experience of haggling on the price? The watch I'm looking at is £1,650 and they won't budge past £1,600 with a 2 year gaurentee, and to be honest I'd hope the watch wouldn't go wrong in that time anyway!

_Allan_

5th Dec 14 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt you'll get it much cheaper tbh. Sad thing is the older versions were £1500 new. I was going to buy one in David M Robinson last year and was probably the last new 300M one in the country before the ceramic models came in and the prices doubled .
Was the mid size too which I prefered.
I didn't go for it in the end and wish I had now.
Secondhand prices are crazy.

[Edited on 05-12-2014 by _Allan_]
kz

5th Dec 14 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No experience with second hand watches but I managed to get 10% off my watch @ Goldsmiths couldn't get them to chuck in free cover though lol.
Jules S
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've tried dealing with watchfinder twice so far....and haven't bought from them yet

The first time they were advertising a watch at an inflated premium as it was a 2013 watch. The trouble was it was a ltd edition watch of 500 made in 2008. No amount of proof put their way would sway them away from their opinion it was manufactured in 2013 - I even gave them links to the data on the manufacturers archives

The last time was a couple of months ago. They got in one of my grail watches, but no box or papers. Virtually no leeway on price negotiation - basically the bloke told me I was a muppet 'because we paid xyz for it so it must be worth xyz+'

I told them to e-mail me when they hadn't sold it in 3 months time - it still hasn't sold. Not surprising really, no box and papers and a somewhat vital part of the watch is fitted upside down

I'd go look at Blowers stock tbh
mattievRS

6th Dec 14 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watch finder let me down aswell. I bought an omega sea master off them with a warantee which had been serviced prior to me buying it. Despite being automatic it stopped working regardless of how long it was worn so I contacted them and they took it in for fixing. Came back to me 2 months later fixed, which lasted 3 weeks and it stopped again. Contacted them again and they took it in again, only to tell me it had been opened and tampered with! Took me a further 3 months to get my money back on a pile of shite service and crap watch they had clearly never serviced in the first place. Suffice to say, I won't ever use them again.
Doug

6th Dec 14 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have dealt with Blowers before and they are fab.

http://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/

Not a fan of Watch Finder tbh.
broster
Premium Member

6th Dec 14 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold to blowers, excellent to deal with, plan to buy off them in the future.
dan_m1les

6th Dec 14 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, thanks guys I'll have a look!
kz

6th Dec 14 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£45k

Jules S
Premium Member

6th Dec 14 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to look

Tempted with that
3CorsaMeal

6th Dec 14 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to rent a £30k. Just for a couple of years.
Reecemac

8th Dec 14 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a couple from watchfinder, albeit in store (Royal Exchange, luckily work opposite). Never had a problem with them, they do maintenance on mine every year.
DaveyLC

8th Dec 14 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
I sold to blowers, excellent to deal with, plan to buy off them in the future.

^^^This.

Blowers have a massive selection of used watches.. Good prices too.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Real Watch Day 22 database queries in 0.0147700 seconds