corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Interesting development re the Litvinenko case.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Interesting development re the Litvinenko case.
SVM 286

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 15 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First i've heard of this.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/magazine/is-this-alexander-litvinenkos-beyond-the-grave-attack-on-putin/ar-AA8vovA?ocid=mailsignoutmd
p

23rd Jan 15 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Putin involvement shock horror thought it was relatively conceived knowledge he was involved in some form.
SVM 286

23rd Jan 15 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd always assumed it was more to do with the old guard and that Putin was a bit too new school for whatever went on.
andy1868

24th Jan 15 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't be so sure, in a previous life Putin spent many many years in the KGB (dating back to the mid 70s) and even ranked as its director in the late 90s (then the FSB) He was in and out of power since 1999 and could easily have been involved/protecting some old KGB cronies IMO
p

24th Jan 15 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Putin is never new school as you put it, he's seriously old school in his thinking and the way he acts. Him in power is still and will always be extremely worrying and dangerous.
SVM 286

24th Jan 15 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh I know he's a nutter, but didn't realise he was old enough to have had his fingers in the KGB pie etc etc.

Wasn't au fait with his previous affiliations either. I thought he was more of a power crazed modern despot than the traditionalist version
p

24th Jan 15 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh absolutely. He was in the KGB if I recall and certainly still has ties with the utmost dodgiest of people, irony being he is the most dangerous individual. Utterly power crazed as we've seen with the invasion of the Crimea. The Russia/Ukraine situation is still hugely worrying. Obama is just a pussy and does fuck all about anything. I guess the financial sanctions have hit them but clearly Putin hasn't given a shit. Obama is a weak president and is seen as such, that's why Putin is doing what he wants, seemingly.
3CorsaMeal

24th Jan 15 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever I see russia videos on youtube. It's like a hostel/saw movie environment. Everyone seems dirty and ridden with heroin

[Edited on 24-01-2015 by 3CorsaMeal]
SVM 286

25th Jan 15 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is slightly more than terrifying to think that arguably the most powerful and morally undisciplined country on the planet (and that's saying something considering we have America to consider) has an ex-KGB man at the helm!
Ste
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Common knowledge that Putin was KGB, there's pics of him 'disguised' as a tourist meeting Reagan.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
SVM 286

25th Jan 15 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is he the little boy Ste?
andy1868

25th Jan 15 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That camera is also definitely a gun too :/

I went to a KGB museum in Prague run by a crazy Russian dude, the shit he had in there was awesome, everything was a gun If anybody ever finds themselves in Prague I'd recommend it :/
Ste
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
Is he the little boy Ste?

Yes of course he is.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
SVM 286

25th Jan 15 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SVM 286

25th Jan 15 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hell of a disguise

Mind you, he is quite young.
SVM 286

25th Jan 15 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a more serious note, i've been fairly out of the loop over the past 25 months and in a Tramadol and Diazepam fuelled haze, so my knowledge of international politics is negligible at best.

This is no excuse, but is at least partial mitigation re my ignorance of Putin's status and previous employment.
p

26th Jan 15 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
On a more serious note, i've been fairly out of the loop over the past 25 months and in a Tramadol and Diazepam fuelled haze, so my knowledge of international politics is negligible at best.

This is no excuse, but is at least partial mitigation re my ignorance of Putin's status and previous employment.

Do you feel a bit embarrassed - don't worry about it. As said, though, Putin is one of the most dangerous men, just look at his guys invading the Crimea. He's a Machiavellian, knows he can do virtually what he wants without major consequences so he just does it. Russian parliament is extremely sketchy, and that's an understatement. The crooks have ties to parliament, and obviously parliament has ties with the crooks.
SVM 286

26th Jan 15 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at all P.

I don't read newspapers. I often only watch regional news. Foreign politics/affairs don't tend to get much of a look-in with me.

I am in my own little bubble of pain and prescription drugs and have been for over two years now.

Had no ideas of Putin's origins, nor much interest, but then I live in London, not Moscow

Also had no idea he was connected with the murder.

I AM however willing to apologise for my ignorance, as I should probably be better versed in such matters. It's just not been a priority of mine.
p

26th Jan 15 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not at all P.

I don't read newspapers. I often only watch regional news. Foreign politics/affairs don't tend to get much of a look-in with me.

I am in my own little bubble of pain and prescription drugs and have been for over two years now.

Had no ideas of Putin's origins, nor much interest, but then I live in London, not Moscow

Also had no idea he was connected with the murder.

I AM however willing to apologise for my ignorance, as I should probably be better versed in such matters. It's just not been a priority of mine.

Dude you don't need to apologise, Jesus I was only messing about the embarrassed bit!!

You're better off not watching the news. The world is easier that way.
SVM 286

27th Jan 15 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spoke to my old man about it this evening and he was fully versed on all fronts! Fucking showoff!
baza31

27th Jan 15 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of curiosity what r u in pain for
SVM 286

28th Jan 15 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back injury Baz. Got damage at L3, 4 & 5 and damage higher up between my shoulder blades, plus nerve impingement.
baza31

28th Jan 15 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear how did u do it ? If it makes you feel any better I nearly ripped my bollocks when I come off my bike last weekend . My voice still hasn't come back down
SVM 286

29th Jan 15 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch Knackers are so vulnerable on two wheels.

Not been able to ride my bike in ages Chief

It all started when I got bad whiplash in 1991, plus years of working on cars hasn't helped.

The worst of it started in summer '12 when I hurt it three times at work doing awkward jobs between then and early December. Ended up wearing a weight lifting belt and taking anti-inflammatories and painkillers until the new year.

Then the straw that broke the camel's back (no pun intended) was when I was helping the apprentice and the odd-job man move a dismantled 2 post ramp across the workshop.

Something went ping in my lumbar area and it's not been the same since. Got a dehydrated disc, a chipped disc and a bulging disc, plus trapped nerves at the base of my spine and between my shoulder blades.

I'm a bit of a wreck.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Interesting development re the Litvinenko case. 23 database queries in 0.0156171 seconds