corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike filtering/overtaking question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike filtering/overtaking question
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Jan 15 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was driving home yesterday in the cherry picker down a fairly wide Road. A bike sauntered past me, in my lane, not the other side of the road. While he was at the side of me a gust of wind shoved me over for a split second. I didn't hit him, but if I had, who's at fault?
spencer88

27th Jan 15 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cyclist for being poor and not having a car.....
3CorsaMeal

27th Jan 15 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Act of god imo
Dee25790

27th Jan 15 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talking motorbike or push bike?

I was on the whiteline once on my scooter at 16 some ars*hole thought he was hilarious opening his car door to show off to his mates I crashed into it and wiped his car door off. Turned out that was his fault even though I was on the White line. So he had a brand new focus with no door I had my scooter back for £50 on the road paid out £500 for it and a 2 grand claim.
I don't think filtering in stationary traffic is a problem. I think in your case though as live traffic would have been down to the insurance companies to argue
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jan 15 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Opening a door is also a lot different to a gust of wind, you can hardly check your mirror for wind.

I would say in this case the bike.
Gary
Premium Member

27th Jan 15 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a motorbike aye. He overtook while traffic was coming the other way, hence why he stayed left of the line.
dannymccann

28th Jan 15 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a biker I wouldnt consider filtering past a high sided vehicle in the current windy conditions unless there was a suitable gap to allow me to do it in the opposite lane as the wind will obviously affect you more than a car, which I still filter past in the same lane up to 20mph ish.

I agree above though, reckon it would be an insurance arguing job, if of course he actually survived being side swiped by a cherry picker into oncoming traffic, I wouldnt fancy my chances
johnny86
Premium Member

28th Jan 15 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I try not to filter unless traffic is really slow as only really ride through central London.

If im not riding to work amd just out riding im usually like a cunt learning to wheeliez

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike filtering/overtaking question 22 database queries in 0.0070379 seconds