corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lemass automotive

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lemass automotive
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
9th Feb 15 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone on here had work done by them? Does Tom still come on here?

Isn't really local to me and plenty of other body shops about. But am looking for good quality and attention to detail. Which from looking at his porsche builds, albeit only seeing online photos. That's the sort of thing I'm am after.

bigron1988

9th Feb 15 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generation has had work done by him a bit
Brett
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth it for the badge of honour imo
Jon_C
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My best mate has used him a few times on his m5.Work always looks awesome.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother has had work done by him. Can't fault it. The work is flawless
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything I've seen by Tom has been awesome

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Generation

10th Feb 15 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads done.

Long waiting list now though, contact him on Facebook is probably easiest
Steve
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 00:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had my puma done there. Was alright. Certainly decent enough quality work but not especially better than any other bodyshop iv used. Not overly cheap either, I was given a figure on here then hit with vat on top on the day when it came to pay, that could have been made more clear imo on the original estimation.

Also had to take it back as part of the paint on the sill went funny.

My advice, if you're local use him, why not, however I wouldn't go out of your way if it involves 100's of miles of travelling, plenty of other decent bodyshops that will be local to you.

[Edited on 10-02-2015 by Steve]
pow
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work he's done for me has always been pretty damn good. Not dirt cheap though.
Chris C

10th Feb 15 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think stocker has had some bits done by Tom as well
3CorsaMeal

10th Feb 15 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
, I was given a figure on here then hit with vat on top on the day when it came to pay, that could have been made more clear imo on the original estimation.

I hate that, i usually get it with tyres, they quote a price then i get there and they add the vat.

Why would i want to know a pre vat price at all?
Ben G

10th Feb 15 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes it sound cheaper.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just ask if that's including vat.... 99.99% of things to do with cars are quoted before vat...
Steve
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should really but I never do because with 99% of everything else you buy you dont have to.

how many times have you been and bought a TV and had to ask if the price on the shelf includes VAT. IMO if youre dealing with a normal member of the public VAT should be quoted as part of the price for everything. As 3cm says why would you be interested in non VAT prices.
Ian W

10th Feb 15 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same argument with a place who did my tracking, called and asked the price - got told £55 or whatever it was then booked it in.

When I picked it up they wanted the quoted price + VAT, wound me up, if you are asking for a price it's because you want to know the full cost of something!
Ojc

10th Feb 15 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
should really but I never do because with 99% of everything else you buy you dont have to.

how many times have you been and bought a TV and had to ask if the price on the shelf includes VAT. IMO if youre dealing with a normal member of the public VAT should be quoted as part of the price for everything. As 3cm says why would you be interested in non VAT prices.

Wasnt this because you paid by card? If you had paid by cash the VAT would have magically disappeared.
Ojc

10th Feb 15 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And yes Tom very good, my local one who I use equally as good who sprayed my Nova over the years and equally as expensive but usually if it's cheap its shit so why risk it?
3CorsaMeal

10th Feb 15 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not after cheap, am expecting about £2k, I'll of done any rust and the underseal, wheel arches etc, it'll just be the exterior bodywork paint that needs doing, which i can rub down and sort out any dings
Ojc

10th Feb 15 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say 2k should cover it. You on Battlefield later? Caspian Border?
Graeme
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't comment for tom but I don't take on cars that have been prepped by the customer let alone alone doing there own repairs so ask anywhere before you do.

Tom is good. Just look at all of his previous work. Very good quality and the price reflects this.
Generation

10th Feb 15 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

Wasnt this because you paid by card? If you had paid by cash the VAT would have magically disappeared.

Steve
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope got presented with the invoice before I even made it known my method of payment.

Anyway not having a go, but would have been better to suggest at the start when the conversation took place that it would be plus vat, or plus vat if paying by card

The quality of the work was decent enough, and if you're wanting custom work done where you may struggle at a normal bodyshop then its a good alternative. But if you're miles away and just need general repair work,or panels spraying, dont bother travelling hundreds of miles because of hype from a corsa forum, the end results wont be any better than any of your decent local bodyshops

Ojc

10th Feb 15 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok well that's bit cheeky then. Might have discounted VAT if you had paid cash though
SVM 286

10th Feb 15 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Work he's done for me has always been pretty damn good. Not dirt cheap though.

To quote Sailor Jerry... ''Good work aint cheap and cheap work aint good.''
Andy Stocker

10th Feb 15 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had work done by Tom on my old VXR, M3 and 911. Booked back in for beginning of March
No complaints here from anything I've had done over the years

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lemass automotive 23 database queries in 0.0159719 seconds