corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ideas for USA road trip (FAO Whitter and other well traveled people)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ideas for USA road trip (FAO Whitter and other well traveled people)
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Mar 15 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want to do a USA road trip this fall, but we're a bit undecided as to where we want to go. Thinking of spending 10 nights.

Did Las Vegas > San Diego > LA > San Francisco back in 2011.

We've mostly done big cities in the past but want to focus on nature this time around.

Considered flying to Salt Lake City and taking the drive down to Grand Canyon and then ending with a few nights in Vegas.

Anybody done a similar trip?

Any other trips worth considering?

Pop

8th Mar 15 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want nature then New England is great. For something a bit different you could fly into Austin and drive to New Orleans.
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Mar 15 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
If you want nature then New England is great. For something a bit different you could fly into Austin and drive to New Orleans.

Some good suggestion there, New England has got some fantastic scenery and is a great place to drive around in.

Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine are all very accessible - with the Maine/New Hampshire border only being about 90mins drive from Boston.

I've also spent a lot of time down in Mississippi and Louisiana - just miles and miles of forest and swamp, some real good stuff to look at down there and some of the best food I've ever eaten.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Mar 15 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been, but I got to know somebody who used to live in Salt Lake City and it looks like an absolutely brilliant place - and is on my list of places to go

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

9th Mar 15 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for 10 nights I would do

San Fran
Nappa Valley
Lake Tahoe
Yosemite - awesome place
Vegas
Palm Springs
San Diego

In Fall those places will be superb for scenery

New England would also be a good shout

Or maybe Chicago and do the Northern bit
Welsh Dan

9th Mar 15 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found this site a few months ago when looking to do the same.

http://www.roadtripusa.com/index.html

Quite a few good ideas on there.
Welsh Dan

10th Mar 15 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And as if by magic, this was posted on FB earlier

http://news.discovery.com/tech/gear-and-gadgets/how-to-really-drive-across-the-us-hitting-all-major-landmarks-150309.htm
JordyCarter

10th Mar 15 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New England looks so nice from google images
N16K

10th Mar 15 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Salton Sea region is very interesting for a drive/visit if you are nearish Palm Springs. I think I have recommended this before on CS. North Shore Yacht club side is best it leads to Bombay Beach, Niland, Salvation Mountain and Slab City. but the other side is still interesting and more direct for San Diego. Type the names to see if that is your thing.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ideas for USA road trip (FAO Whitter and other well traveled people) 23 database queries in 0.0130780 seconds