corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cigars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cigars
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Mar 15 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For those that are in the know....

Looking to purchase a few cigars for an event I'm attending and would be in keeping with the theme.

I have been looking at these. http://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/upmann-petit-coronas-cigar-single-p-469.html

None of us have really smoked cigars in the past so want something quite light, not too big and ideally under £15 each.

I'm pretty much clueless.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

11th Mar 15 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it keeping with the event to have to stand outside to smoke them?
N16K

11th Mar 15 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For an enjoyable light Cigar in the Corona size I would say Davidoff, if size of cigar is not important, Davidoff cigarillos are very good, if not wanting that route, corona size cigars will be available in Tesco, Asda under Henri Winterman
Toby
Premium Member

11th Mar 15 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
is it keeping with the event to have to stand outside to smoke them?

Won't be outside. It's at a stately home, so no doubt in the study or the drawing room old boy
Toby
Premium Member

11th Mar 15 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N16K
For an enjoyable light Cigar in the Corona size I would say Davidoff, if size of cigar is not important, Davidoff cigarillos are very good, if not wanting that route, corona size cigars will be available in Tesco, Asda under Henri Winterman

Will have a look at the Davidoff stuff. Assuming they are quite light?
Pete_vxl

11th Mar 15 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly, view the UK cigar forum as you will get all the answers you need.

In my opinion, if you want a light relatively cheap smoke, then a hoyo de monterrey petit corona will be perfect. It's just over a tenner, not too long (30/40 mins smoke) and a nice ring gauge. It's also cuban, which imo taste better than the new world cigars, like Davidoff.

If you have never smoked a cigar or are not a regular smoker, don't have one on an empty stomach. If you get light headed etc have a bar of chocolate handy as the sugar helps get you back to normal.

Finally, do not buy off of Cgars. They are one of the dearest retailers. Generally, Mysmokingshop.co.uk is the cheapest.
Pete_vxl

11th Mar 15 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know how far you want to go with this but have you planned on cutting and lighting your cigars? Or will this place have this supplied?
3CorsaMeal

11th Mar 15 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cut it open with a razor blade. Stuff it full of weed and seal it back up again.
Jason x
Premium Member

12th Mar 15 at 02:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good idea. I now smoke lots of weed
Toby
Premium Member

12th Mar 15 at 07:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pete_vxl
I don't know how far you want to go with this but have you planned on cutting and lighting your cigars? Or will this place have this supplied?

the gentle throwing the event is a keen smoker so . Would assume he will have an array of cutters, punches and lighting implements. however I will look to get a cheapish cutter too and I think I have a Zippo somewhere which I assume is sufficient to get it lit properly?
Toby
Premium Member

12th Mar 15 at 07:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pete_vxl
Firstly, view the UK cigar forum as you will get all the answers you need.

In my opinion, if you want a light relatively cheap smoke, then a hoyo de monterrey petit corona will be perfect. It's just over a tenner, not too long (30/40 mins smoke) and a nice ring gauge. It's also cuban, which imo taste better than the new world cigars, like Davidoff.

If you have never smoked a cigar or are not a regular smoker, don't have one on an empty stomach. If you get light headed etc have a bar of chocolate handy as the sugar helps get you back to normal.

Finally, do not buy off of Cgars. They are one of the dearest retailers. Generally, Mysmokingshop.co.uk is the cheapest.

Thanks. Will take a look at them and that site.
Pete_vxl

12th Mar 15 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there are keen cigar smokers there then you can use theirs. Most cigar smokers tend to use soft flame or jet flame butane lighters and not the normal gas ones.
GB123
Premium Member

12th Mar 15 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't inhale
ShEp

12th Mar 15 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be finished in a couple of hours if you want to purchase it.
Mad Moe

12th Mar 15 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cohiba Siglo IV
Pete_vxl

12th Mar 15 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
Cohiba Siglo IV

Out of budget and lasts over an hour, not ideal.
Pete_vxl

22nd Aug 15 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selling my small collection and humidor if anybody is interested.
Dee25790

23rd Aug 15 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never tried a proper cigar surely they must taste like shit? I smoked a few hamlets about 6 years ago and I've smoked since I was 13 but I still hate the taste of tobacco
BarnshaW

23rd Aug 15 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant you just take 10 sovereign and a clipper.
baza31

23rd Aug 15 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you smoke a cigar if you don't normally, if they are taking drugs in toilet will you do that too. Seems a pretentious image thing if you ask me. When I see people out smoking them and passing around a group I just think they look a cunt
Roffo

24th Aug 15 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Genuine Question for people who know:

Whats the deal with all the 'don't inhale' business?

Is it not a complete waste of money for nothing what so ever? or is that the point?

never asked anyone before, but heard alot.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cigars 22 database queries in 0.0122709 seconds