corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Several MOT question about my Corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Several MOT question about my Corsa
Jason x
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Apr 15 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have my MOT coming up soon want to make sure it passes so have a few questions.

First of all does the Racetube I have need to be changed for a silenced centre section?

Secondly my rear Springs are removable when cars jacked up or on a ramp(without unbolting the shock for rear axle) But they don't fall out - is this OK?

Also I'm wanting a steering wheel and Boss start of next month - my car currently has an airbag do I need airbag bypass so the airbag light comes on and goes back off or can I just remove the bulb?

Lastly I'm thinking of getting a quick release for the wheel so I can take it off - is this MOT friendly or would it be best to get this after MOT?

[Edited on 14-04-2015 by Jason x]
Y869 SRA

14th Apr 15 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as the car has the cat still, the racetube won't be an issue, my 20vT has a catback and passed no problem.

Not sure about the rest but I don't think simply taking out the airbag bulb will be MOT friendly... could be wrong though.
IainL

14th Apr 15 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both my cars have had racetubes for years with no issues. As long as the cat is there and its not excessively loud you will be grand.

In my experience, the rear springs will be an advisory.
--ToM--

14th Apr 15 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the exhaust is noticeably louder than that of a standard one it can fail, but it's down to the guy testing it.

Springs will be advised if noticed depends again in the person testing it

Remove the bulb

Quick release is fine
Ben G

14th Apr 15 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My airbag light was on and it went through the mot no problem. I just stuck black tape over it. The tester didn't even mention it.

[Edited on 14-04-2015 by Ben G]
Jambo

14th Apr 15 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not advice Ben thats luck FFS
Ben G

14th Apr 15 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He needs to gauge whether his MOT tester is a mong or not first
J100RSA

14th Apr 15 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rear spring are a fail as the are insecure
take the bulb out the air bag as if it is on its a fail if it don't work its a pass and advise and there is nothing in the test ref removable steering wheel along as its secure and is not insecure
Jason x
Premium Member

15th Apr 15 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm glad the Racetube won't be an issue then as my silenced centre section has rusted from being left out.

Just removing the bulb will be easier than doing the bypass cable for me so that's good.

I'll probably just chance the springs as I only have standard Springs other than these ones, sold my 60mm ones a while back.

[Edited on 15-04-2015 by Jason x]
Haimsey
Premium Member

16th Apr 15 at 08:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just put a cable tie round the bottom of the spring
Ain't gonna fall out then....

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

16th Apr 15 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my experience, how much attention the MOT tester takes is directly proportional to how much beer I take him

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
J100RSA

16th Apr 15 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an mot is all down to personal opinion

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Several MOT question about my Corsa 23 database queries in 0.0134521 seconds