corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dublin

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dublin
spencer88

User status: Offline
21st Apr 15 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off to Dublin for a couple of days in June.

Key places to visit, avoid, places to drink etc?

Never been to Ireland before but the Mrs family (Grandparents and further back) are all Irish so we've wanted to go for some time, so just booked.
pow
Premium Member

21st Apr 15 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a couple of times, last weekend in fact! do the viking splash tour it's a laugh, there's a Japanese bar that's work a cocktail or two, do the guiness tour. It's expensive but the euro works in your favour at the moment. Where are you staying?
Rob_Corsa

21st Apr 15 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
Off to Dublin for a couple of days in June.

Key places to visit, avoid, places to drink etc?

Never been to Ireland before but the Mrs family (Grandparents and further back) are all Irish so we've wanted to go for some time, so just booked.

kilmainham gaol.
Guiness Factory.
Open top bus tour - Quick way to see the city and the driver gives a running commentary of the surroundings.

I'm over in Dublin regularly as the Mrs is from there, that's what I've enjoyed the most.
If you go further afield, Glendalough has some amazing walks.
spencer88

21st Apr 15 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Been a couple of times, last weekend in fact! do the viking splash tour it's a laugh, there's a Japanese bar that's work a cocktail or two, do the guiness tour. It's expensive but the euro works in your favour at the moment. Where are you staying?

Nowhere yet!

Worked because we are off to Manchester as well in June, found flights across for £9 each so just booked it.

Mrs likes a cocktail so that works
pow
Premium Member

21st Apr 15 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I took the ex, it worked out £20 per night more to stay at the hilton than everywhere else average. Well worth it, it'd a short walk from town but there is a Starbucks next door, so you have breakfast on your way. Was nice and quiet so you got some sleep/sex too. Plus it's the hilton, many sexy time points.
spencer88

21st Apr 15 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
When I took the ex, it worked out £20 per night more to stay at the hilton than everywhere else average. Well worth it, it'd a short walk from town but there is a Starbucks next door, so you have breakfast on your way. Was nice and quiet so you got some sleep/sex too. Plus it's the hilton, many sexy time points.

pow
Premium Member

21st Apr 15 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm only thinking about your willy
Bart

21st Apr 15 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From memory it's quite a shit hole isn't it?
pow
Premium Member

21st Apr 15 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I think it's a fairly nice city. And I've done a fair few European cities.
Haimsey
Premium Member

21st Apr 15 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.dublinpass.com

I'd recommend something like this for the simplicity of it!

I used a voucher code glitch on ours and got them stupidly cheap but even without being a tight sod it's a deal.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
N16K

21st Apr 15 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
From memory it's quite a shit hole isn't it?

not a shit hole by any means, but a shit place to visit.
baza31

21st Apr 15 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's well expensive . I was there last weekend and I spent a fortune. I went to a restaurant near that spire above macdonalds , flannigans I think it was called, absolutely shite. I drunk all over shop and was roughly €6 a pint at most places. Went to some swanky cocktail place and for two drinks it cost me €30. It got to stage I felt you was getting screwed over, the final straw was taxi driver telling me it is a higher tariff on a Sunday, he didn't like it when I told him to fuck off with his tariff 4 and paid him what it cost on my way there. Apart from drinking I would find it boring. I was pissed every day. That spire is mentally high
pow
Premium Member

21st Apr 15 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoyed it tbh, I get bored easily too.

[Edited on 21-04-2015 by pow]
Toby
Premium Member

21st Apr 15 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stayed in Temple Bar. Plenty of nice places to eat and drink but has a lot of tourist tax. Verge away from the bar and prices drop but so do the establishment. Guisness and Jameson both worth a tour. Didn't do anything else apart from a bit of shopping and on the ale.
baza31

22nd Apr 15 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to go to Guinness and the old jail but my hangover wrote me off. It took me about 8 pints to come back ok. I will def go next time though. All in all it was really good but I preferred seeing Ireland when I drove to fermanagh etc. Had an awesome night in a little village nr there
spencer88

23rd Apr 15 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided to book a hotel just outside Dublin and rent a car. Gives us the option to see a bit more of Ireland and still be close enough to do everything in Dublin. Hotel prices in Dublin seemed expensive for what was largely shit rooms.

Staying in Enniskerry, seems a nice little village with some beautiful scenery not too far away.

Cheers guys for all the comments.
pow
Premium Member

23rd Apr 15 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? Is it school holidays you're going?
spencer88

23rd Apr 15 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Really? Is it school holidays you're going?

Nigh on middle of June.
N16K

23rd Apr 15 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
Decided to book a hotel just outside Dublin and rent a car. Gives us the option to see a bit more of Ireland and still be close enough to do everything in Dublin. Hotel prices in Dublin seemed expensive for what was largely shit rooms.
Parking in Dublin will not be cheap.
pow
Premium Member

23rd Apr 15 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The eirebus is very good though
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Apr 15 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Temple bar area - look at all the idiots, have a drink in Temple Bar, then go get a kebab roll.

Kilmainham Gaol - Or the prison to you and me - its on the open top bus route and well worth the wait and the guided tour (which is all you can do there, you can't just doss about) - found it very interesting

Guinness factory - again on the open top bus route, quite fun and slightly expensive, if you do the full tour you'll have a half pint in the tasting pod thing, then a full pint that you get to pull yourself then a third pint up in the gravity bar which probably tastes the best out of them all.

The Dawson Lounge - dawson street, near the bus route - the smallest pub i've ever been to ever, quite fun to stop off quickly and use the wifi and of course have a pint. Breaks up the day nicely.

Open top bus - I think i've mentioned it... its a really good way to get about.

I stayed at the best western sheldon park which looks out of town but very accessible by the tram which is a very efficient way of getting about, if you decide to fuck off the car then do it! Also caught the coach/bus ting to the airport on the way home and it was very cheap and quick.
spencer88

23rd Apr 15 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Willay.

We booked to stay just outside Ireland so it's easy enough to get in and look around, but also linked well to more rural Ireland.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dublin 23 database queries in 0.0176101 seconds