corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Audio build

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Audio build
Dee25790

User status: Offline
21st Apr 15 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In gonna put some 6x9 in the parcel shelf and use these as a sub as I don't have space for a sub because I use the boot. I've ordered 6.5 inch speakers and tweeters for the front and have some 4 inch alpine speakers to go in the rear. I've got crossovers with the front speakers I bought reckon I can hide these in the glovebox or do they need reasonable ventilation?

I don't know what to do about an amp tbh I don't know if I even want an amp yet! Especially as I cant use the boot for the amp due to using it all the time.

Anyone suggest somewhere to hide it or a small one that I could hide underneath one of the seats
taylorboosh

21st Apr 15 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make a false floor in boot
Gary
Premium Member

21st Apr 15 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to be able to get moulded boxes that would house a sub in the left or right of your boot. Custom acoustics comes to mind.

Dee25790

21st Apr 15 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Make a false floor in boot

I've got no space at all to use in the boot I can bring the floor up too because the stealth shelf will be too low then.

That's why I'm thinking if I stick crossovers in the glove box and put a false back in that but will that leave too little breathing space for then

Might not even bother with an amp I don't really need one
davegreen
Premium Member

21st Apr 15 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its a 3door you could hide amps and cross overs in rear quarter panels. behind the rear seat side trims.
I would not bother with rear speakers if your using others in the shelf.
Dee25790

21st Apr 15 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had considered that but wasn't sure if it could be done thinking about it now I could mount them onto some plywood and attach them to the inner skin with self drilling screws.

There's some speakers already installed in the back so I'll connect them in and try them and if it's not worth it I'll just leave them off.
Toby
Premium Member

25th Apr 15 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick the amp under the front seats. Your head unit will not be able to drive the speakers in the slightest so your essentially wasting your money If your not going to amp them.
SXI - Matt

26th Apr 15 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Toby said the amp is the most important part if your getting all of that. If you don't get one I wouldn't bother with all the other stuff.

You'll be fine putting the crossovers in the glove box or put them behind the door cards of there slim ones.

Amp I'd stick under passenger seat you'll need to take the seats out any way to run all the wiring ect. Dead easy to do on a Corsa B (assuming that's what you have)
DaveyLC

26th Apr 15 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw "6x9" and just assumed someone had resurrected a thread from 2001.
Dee25790

26th Apr 15 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Stick the amp under the front seats. Your head unit will not be able to drive the speakers in the slightest so your essentially wasting your money If your not going to amp them.

Cheers didn't know if it was worth the bother or not. I'll get looking for one
Dee25790

26th Apr 15 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
As Toby said the amp is the most important part if your getting all of that. If you don't get one I wouldn't bother with all the other stuff.

You'll be fine putting the crossovers in the glove box or put them behind the door cards of there slim ones.

Amp I'd stick under passenger seat you'll need to take the seats out any way to run all the wiring ect. Dead easy to do on a Corsa B (assuming that's what you have)

Yeah I've got a b. Had the seats out a few times had about three different interiors. Had them out again today to change n had to grind one of the bolts out as I rounded it off with my impact bein a nob

[Edited on 26-04-2015 by Dee25790]
Dee25790

26th Apr 15 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
I saw "6x9" and just assumed someone had resurrected a thread from 2001.

Cheers for that extremely useful contribution.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Audio build 22 database queries in 0.0095420 seconds