corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay - Language Barrier?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay - Language Barrier?
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd May 15 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold some knackered coilovers for spares/repairs - was very honest in the auction and explained that I bought them for a project, which I never got around to completing and now was selling them.

I listed the condition as accurately as I could tell, and stated that I'm no suspension expert.

They sold, to a buyer in Poland who wanted to arrange his own courier.

After two patient weeks of poor communications and very bad english, a Polish dude in a rental transit finally arrived to collect them.

A few days later I get a paypal dispute, that they're significantly not as described - with the buyers note of:

"Brak zamówionego przedmiotu w pacz, w &#347;rodku bezwarto&#347;ciowe &#347;mieci"

Google Translates to:

"No ordered the course in begining , in the middle of worthless junk"

Any Poles here can translate properly? Though I get the gist of it...

I'm wondering if the buyer just completely misread/misunderstood the text in my auction, and has expected something in perfect working order.

I've disagreed with the dispute, again being very honest and explaining the situation - quoting my auction text (below).

Do I have a chance of winning this contest? Do you think I've been fair?

Condition field of item was:

For parts or not working: An item that does not function as intended and is not fully operational. This includes items that are defective in ways that render them difficult to use, items that require service or repair, or items missing essential components. See the seller’s listing for full details

quote:

This is an auction for a set of KW Variant 3 coilovers and OEM top mounts to suit a 2005/06 Widetrack STI or Hawkeye STI Impreza. They're listed as spares and repairs as I bought them in an unknown condition over a year ago with the intention of restoring them. A trip overseas with work and some other options for suspension resulted in me abandoning the project.

I'm not an expert, but it seems that 3 of the units are in a rough but working order - just a clean away from being usable. The fourth is leaking, and does not rebound when compressed. It seems like molegrips have been used on the pistons at somepoint which has left some rusty looking marks higher up on the pistons, does not seem to be in a place that could effect the seals - but I can't be sure.

These units may be a quick/cheap fix or they may only be good for spares, I've really got no idea so I'm listing at 99p and will let the auction run with no reserve. These are 1700GBP without topmounts new.

For obvious reasons I won't accept refunds/returns.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully they paid cash?
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PayPal, hence the dispute.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dee25790

3rd May 15 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't see you have done anything wrong clearly listed spares repairs. Sounds to me like he's just trying his hand
Tiger

3rd May 15 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'll probably get his money back then you'll be left with trying to get the shocks back, the system is a cunt and sticks firmly behind buyers it seems.
--ToM--

3rd May 15 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my iPhone 5 on eBay when I got my 6+

Honest description that it was 18 months old in used but good condition with loads of piks of the screen on and off etc every angle of the phone

Buyer bought and paid left positive feedback job done

2 months later opens a case against me as the screen broke on it!!! They could of dropped it or anything! I rejected the dispute and called ebay up to explain to just confirm ebay wasn't going to automatically refund then because normally in a dispute ebay favours the buyer
Ben G

3rd May 15 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PayPal will refund the seller mate. You've learned a very harsh lesson about selling on ebay.

I have loads of bits to sell but will only do it on car forums now.
Aaron

3rd May 15 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
PayPal will refund the seller mate. You've learned a very harsh lesson about selling on ebay.

This, unfortunately.

I had this happen to me once with a HP PDA in about 2007. I've never sold on eBay since. Cunts.
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems I'm propped up for a bumming.

I have actually won a dispute as a seller before, sold a phone then the buyer claimed it never arrived.

I sent it recorded, had proof - dispute demolished.

Will see what the verdict is from Paypal.

Shame, I've sold a fair bit with eBay and generally it's been a pleasant experience.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
--ToM--

3rd May 15 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Buyer don't you mean
--ToM--

3rd May 15 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said phone ebay and speak to someone doesn't take long and saves fucking round with automated computer generated emails
Ben G

3rd May 15 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
quote:

Buyer don't you mean

Yeah that
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
3rd May 15 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure any comms is done in Ebay messages so Ebay can read it.

I actually think you should do OK but you never can tell.

I've had varying levels of success but the most when I speak to the Ireland team not wherever else they're based.

Appeal the dispute, use the messenger if you need to speak with the guy.

[Edited on 03-05-2015 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd May 15 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asked a mate to translate it -

Not the ordered object in the package, inside only worthless rubbish.
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep all our comms have been via eBay but never discussed the product, he just bid then discussed courier etc.

Based on the quality of our chats regarding shipping I (perhaps naively) believe he just had no idea what my description actually said, but that shouldn't be my problem.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Asked a mate to translate it -

Not the ordered object in the package, inside only worthless rubbish.

Based on that translation, I'm now actually worried that I've been fucked by the "courier".

I'm wondering if he's claiming the box was empty or whatever, rather than contesting the state of the coilovers.

Fucking gypos

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd May 15 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like he's claiming that the stuff in the box isn't the stuff in question. Which should be fairly easy to win - ask him to photo that and compare with your photos.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd May 15 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worthless rubbish would also describe suspension he's not happy with, doesn't necessarily indicate the package has been tampered with.
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Worthless rubbish would also describe suspension he's not happy with, doesn't necessarily indicate the package has been tampered with.

True that.

Will await to see his evidence or counter, from what I understand - the next phase is down to him now rather than eBay/Paypal.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Generation

3rd May 15 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all he has to say is he received an empty box, this renders your proof of postage worthless.

I've won a few as a seller, but also don't bother selling on eBay now. You also shouldn't have let him book the courier himseld
Gaz

4th May 15 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The key here though is that he arranged the courier and not Kyle. That's his risk and his fault.

Spend some cash and call eBay directly to explain your points instead of an automated trigger based system heavily favoured in the buyer's favour.
Dee25790

4th May 15 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is making me think twice about selling on eBay now. I was about to have a clearout too..
--ToM--

4th May 15 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just don't sell to polish you'll be fine
Ben G

4th May 15 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are plenty of pikey English cunts on there aswell.
Ian
Site Administrator

5th May 15 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've sold all over the world and its mostly fine.

My biggest problems are things to Italy going missing and UK people thinking they're buying from Littlewoods catalogue, buying a few things sensors etc. then sending back what doesn't sort it.

Shouldn't really accept returns for electrical stuff used for diagnosis but legally I'd have to prove its not been used and Ebay wouldn't find in my favour anyway.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay - Language Barrier? 23 database queries in 0.0147519 seconds