corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car for me - Golf

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New car for me - Golf
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Jul 15 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought i'd put up a pic of my new car - pick it up on Monday.

2008 MK5 Golf GT Sport in Steel Grey. It's the 2.0 TDI 140 3dr with Vienna leather and heated seats Quite pleased with it, drives beautifully and it is in the best colour with a full VW service history.

Plans will be to fit it with some decent tyres because it has 4 odd ones and maybe fit one of the VW RNS510 head units (Touch screen with nav/dvd/phone etc). I've ordered some mats and a new aerial etc already too.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

11th Jul 15 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice mate. Good wheels on it also.
MatthewR

12th Jul 15 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice purchase, good car!
deano87

13th Jul 15 at 05:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't mind saying what's the mileage and how much did you pay for it? I still fancy a new car but not sure whether to go finance on new or loan on something like this.

I just begrudge paying £8k -£10k for a car 8 years old.
nathy_87

13th Jul 15 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite smart that.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

13th Jul 15 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
If you don't mind saying what's the mileage and how much did you pay for it? I still fancy a new car but not sure whether to go finance on new or loan on something like this.

I just begrudge paying £8k -£10k for a car 8 years old.

It was up for £7k. They gave me £450 off so £6550 then got a price to px my punto and paid the balance. 72k with FVWSH.

It's an older car yes, but I had to make similar considerations. I specifically wanted a golf GT, And that's what they cost. I could have got a 3 year old Megane or focus for that money. But I don't like them.

There is a nice 5 door one for sale at Stratstone Land Rover in Silver - approved used from a main dealer.

Picked it up at lunchtime today. It's great so far!

Andrew

13th Jul 15 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diesels all seem over priced or done moons miles. This one appears to be spot on.
deano87

14th Jul 15 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taaa.
Bonney

15th Jul 15 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got rid of mine 2 months ago, had nothing but trouble with it, had the fuel pump, injector wiring harness, coolant temp sensor, fuel temp sensor, fuel filter housing, starter motor, clutch and flywheel with a load of other parts, this was the 2.0 tdi 140 engine too. Just before I got rid the turbo became very noisy, sounding like a police siren with a rattle too.

Don't get me wrong they are great cars, the thing that puts me off is all of the common problems with them.

AndyCorsaSport

15th Jul 15 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's mileage? My mates just bought an 07 plate with no leather but the 170bhp one. £6200 with 55k and FVWSH.

He's just remapped it at his work to 201bhp and 310 ft/lb. it's like a train!!

My sister has a 54 plate with 120k the 140bhp one that's due a turbo shortly. She's had no issues though in the last 20ish k since she had it.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th Jul 15 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I test drove a 170 before this. Drove really well. My lad even commented on the acceleration

I was put off by the apparent reliability issues with them though.

There is a lot of thrashed and tired GTs out there. I suppose it's luck of the draw as to if you get a reliable one. You can only do what you can looking for one with a low amount of keepers, decent history and in good condition.

Getting some decent tyres for mine this weekend. Going to go for Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's this time I think. Getting decent reviews online. I used to like the directional ones.

AndyCorsaSport

16th Jul 15 at 05:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah DPF's pack in for fun on the 170's! My mates one the dpf light came on straight after mapping but has gone back off. If it happens again he will just get rid of the dpf.

My sisters is the 140 but has R32 front and rear bumpers, R32 alloys and GTi sideskirts and a custom exhaust to fit the R32 rear bumper. She's 33 year old

Hers currently needs a new turbo, and an inlet manifold flap motor! Going to be about £850 and I've got that as cheap as I can for her through my mates work.

Also needs front bottom arm rear bushes. But they were cheap. She has Bridgestone potenza's on. They seem good.

Misses dad has had two of these cars too. First one the house was broken into and stolen and never found. Was in 2010 was only 2 years old at the time. 2nd he's had since 2010. 58 plate in black with full leather, only has about 35k on.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car for me - Golf 23 database queries in 0.0106289 seconds