corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » A few problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A few problems
RoweY

User status: Offline
15th Jul 15 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have fitted some fk coilovers to my corsa b 1.2 16v and its now undriveable when i go around corners the steering just goes light and wheel moves on its own. I knew the camber and tracking would be slightly out and i would have to get it hunter aligned but tried a lot of different settings and it just seems the same.
Also since lowering it the exhaust now knocks on the axle pretty badly so i tired adjusting the exhaust and no luck so purchased some powerflex exhaust mounts and its still no better. It had a GSI backbox on it when i bought it which i think is slightly bigger than standard ? would buying a sportex backbox solve this issue ?
Any advice ?
johnny86
Premium Member

15th Jul 15 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fit a rubber on the rear axle
RoweY

15th Jul 15 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just cut a sheet and cable tie it on ?
johnny86
Premium Member

15th Jul 15 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah. I used an exhaust rubber and jubilee clipped it on to the axle
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
15th Jul 15 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll be either the bend on the axle or the box itself on the trailing arm, you can move the box to sort both of them but its a bit of a juggle. I wouldn't suggest padding as a solution as you'll still have a knock and its more stuff to catch fire.

Re the lowering if its not been aligned, that'll need it. Depends what wheels you're running as to whether you can lower the spring seat past the tyre and whether the camber adjustment on the hub end is wrong in order to clear the tyre.
ShEp

15th Jul 15 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap ass coilovers, with elongated 'camber adjustable' holes, and no camber bolts is my guess.
--ToM--

15th Jul 15 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
Cheap ass coilovers, with elongated 'camber adjustable' holes, and no camber bolts is my guess.
--ToM--

15th Jul 15 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seeing a lot of this "hunter aligned" shit on forums lately too, why does everyone feel the need to name the equipment brand? Plenty of other gear that does the job too

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » A few problems 22 database queries in 0.0121820 seconds