corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Headlight bulbs.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Headlight bulbs.
AndyCorsaSport

User status: Offline
16th Aug 15 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's decent? Don't want to spend stupid money, don't want a HID kit as its going in non projector headlights.

H7 fitment, and want something that just looks more white than yellow.
Dee25790

16th Aug 15 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard good things about an osram lamp, think they were called nightbreakers, or something similar

I keep meaning to try some myself but never get round to it
Ben G

16th Aug 15 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got Philips white vision in currently. Still quite yellow, despite the name. Diamond vision are meant to be better for colour, but not light output.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Aug 15 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had Philips x-treme 130% bulbs in my punto. They were very good. If I don't like the bulbs on my new car come winter I will order them again defo.

Got mine from ECP for about £20.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Balling
Premium Member

17th Aug 15 at 05:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a thread from last year.

http://www.c20xe.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=666640

Keep in mind that bulbs with extra light output tend to have a much shorter lifespan than regular halogen bulbs.

Steve
Premium Member

17th Aug 15 at 07:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No notable gains I ever found changing to whatever bulb had the latest fancy claims
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Aug 15 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
No notable gains I ever found changing to whatever bulb had the latest fancy claims

I agree.
Balling
Premium Member

17th Aug 15 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
The headlights on the Juke were horrible and better bulbs definitely made an ever so slight difference. Not enough to warrant changing bulbs twice as often though.

I'll try to avoid cars without factory fitted HID's in the future. Driving a lot in rural areas it just makes a world of difference.

Ben G

17th Aug 15 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same, although main beam works fine in those conditions. Just a bit awkward when you have oncoming traffic and have to switch back to dipped only for a few seconds
tom130691
Premium Member

17th Aug 15 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it depends what your replacing,

standard manufacturer bulb should be quite good, I noticed a huge difference on my corsa b with Osram night breakers, must have been some right shit in there before.

did the same on my astra that was only a few years old and barely noticeable just abit whiter,
DaveyLC

17th Aug 15 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
don't want a HID kit as its going in non projector headlights.

Give that man a cigar! Every time I see some fucker with HID's in his standard non-projector head-lights I have the urge to follow him home and punch him in the face for being such a c**t.

antnee

17th Aug 15 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HIDs are only bad if you get the wrong ones. You can get H7R bulbs which are designed for reflector lamps. These have a small strip on the bulb to restrict the amount of glare given off. I ran some for about 2 years and not one person flashed me, I also followed my dad for about 2 miles and he didn't notice a thing.
Jambo

17th Aug 15 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

Give that man a cigar! Every time I see some fucker with HID's in his standard non-projector head-lights I have the urge to follow him home and punch him in the face for being such a c**t.

inb4 halogen-projector headlights are fine with HID kits nonsense
Ben G

17th Aug 15 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

inb4 halogen-projector headlights are fine with HID kits nonsense

Halogen projector lights are fine with hid's.

Halogen reflector headlights (saxo, corsa b) are definitely not fine.
Generation

17th Aug 15 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Osrams are terrible IMO.
So are any other fancy ones I've tried. In the end I gave up, changed headlights so could have HID's in them. So much better
Same car, same headlights. Osrams vs HIDS

[Edited on 17-08-2015 by Generation]
Nic Barnes

17th Aug 15 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fitted some expensive bulbs to my transporter. made a big difference. then also fitted an upgraded headlight loom which made a massive difference again.
Jambo

17th Aug 15 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent hot spotting and lack of range there Generation.

And Ben no, they are not.
Ben G

17th Aug 15 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they are You may think you're right but in terms of blinding people, they are perfectly fine. Light output and Internet approval straight line on the garage door is another matter.
Ben G

17th Aug 15 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My set up was fine. It looks much better than the output in generations pic.

Jambo

17th Aug 15 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You associate an increase in colour intensity in the foreground as "better" but this just highlights that you don't know what you are on about.

You may blind less people than a chump with bowls and some Chinese debased bulbs but that doesn't make them actually any good, because there is no instance where a halogen projected is suited to a gas discharge bulb. Ever. Hence why any car manufacturer uses a proper projector, or if using in a bowl ( Japs use this in R34) then the bowl is tailored to the bulb, the bulbs are actually made properly not rebased and they have a cap over them to stop them blinding oncoming traffic.

Halogen works in a completely different way to HID, the two technologies are not interchangeable. It's a bit like trying to play a bluray in a DVD player. It might fit, but it won't work as intended.

Ben G

17th Aug 15 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you're telling me that I can't see as much with those hid's, compared to my halogen bulbs? Despite the fact I drive my car almost all the time in darkness due to shift work so could quite accurately compare the difference in light output.

[Edited on 17-08-2015 by Ben G]
Generation

17th Aug 15 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's CS, if you could see life on the moon facing upwards on a hill, they'd be somebody with something better.

I agree my pic isn't the best, only one I have as not in a habit of taking pics of my lights. They're great IMO and show me loads, as I say they'll always be better
deano87

18th Aug 15 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some Osram or Philips things from ECP made next to no difference on the Mrs Corsa C "angel eye" style headlights. The notoriously shite ones. Then again they are notoriously shite

Had no call to change in the Fiesta but will probably go for something decent if ECP have a deal at the time, just to see if there is a difference.
Mark.W

18th Aug 15 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what they would be like in projectors but i rate the Osram nightbreaker unlimited in my mk5 astra halogen lights,they give the car a nice white modern look.

Ben G

18th Aug 15 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look a lot better than my Philips 'not so white' vision.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Headlight bulbs. 23 database queries in 0.0189710 seconds