corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can standark front splitter just fall off?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can standark front splitter just fall off?
eyeopen
Banned

User status: Offline
24th Dec 15 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi I had my car booked into the bodyshop, to get some work done, new bumper fitted and grilles swapped from all ones, but for some reason the splitter wasn't fitted off my old bumper to my new one.
#
The guy whom done the work claims when I saw him and took the car in the splitter was there, but it wasn't when I dropped the car off to him. But he didn't mention this to me when I picked up the car when I asked about splitter he said there wasn't one. Only now he confirmed it was on the car before not when dropped off.

My question is can it just fall off in a week? and wouldn't it be more possible for one side of it to fall off rather than whole one?

also how important isit, this in question is standard car splitter not SRI ones.
GB123
Premium Member

24th Dec 15 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should've kept your eyes open for it imo
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Dec 15 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So he's saying it wasn't there when you took the car in?

They don't just fall off but if its hit hard enough with something the fixings will fail.

If you don't know either way whether it was there or not then you're basically down to trusting the body guy. Have you any reason to suggest he'd keep it for himself?

Does he still have the old bumper?
taylorboosh

24th Dec 15 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think i get what you mean, tell him to gtf the car deffo had a splitter when you took it in
3CorsaMeal

24th Dec 15 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been through any deep puddles?
eyeopen
Banned

25th Dec 15 at 02:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys thankx for reply, He is claiming now that their was a splitter when I took the car to get a quote but not there a week later when I got the bumper fitted.

I havnt done or been anywhere it would come off, if anything would hang off a little first and I'm one to notice little things.

I wish I could trust him but one He Fitted the HID kit wrong, wired passenger kit wrong and this after I told him that bulb went out. He claimed to look for faults for a hour but couldn't find them, but I took it to Halfords and they did it.

Yes I eventually got the bumper back, the fog lights not sure if they are fitted correctly, and also he has used cable ties to connect to bumper instead of screws in one part not sure about the rest.
taylorboosh

25th Dec 15 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think id use him again - also is it the chin spoiler or just a rubber bit?
Generation

25th Dec 15 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't prove it, if you had to ask us - you can't be 100% sure yourself.

Buy another, and just don't go back again.

Not sure halfords would have been able to help with hid bulbs anyway :/
Balling
Premium Member

25th Dec 15 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eyeopen
I'm one to notice little things.
You do seem like a real stickler for details...

Agree with Generation. However unlikely it seems that the splitter would just fall off, you're in no position to prove otherwise.

Choose a different garage next time.

eyeopen
Banned

25th Dec 15 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I know its hard to say 100% I feel he intentinally didn't let me go get the car till it was dark, just had a bad feeling about him, but he did do some extra work he said he would, its ashame I guess.

An no Halfords guys are cool, they didn't mind checking for free, He realised HID kit was wired wrong negative to positive etc and switched it for me.

Its the rubber splitter, not SRI bodykit one. One all normal corsas have.

I'm not even too bothered just wanted to know what difference it makes with handling etc?

Balling
Premium Member

25th Dec 15 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rubber splitter doesn't affect handling or anything else.

eyeopen
Banned

25th Dec 15 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then what is it used for?
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Dec 15 at 00:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looks a bit better than having a higher bumper, but shouldn't fall off or get damaged if you touch it on stuff.
taylorboosh

26th Dec 15 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a laguna one, look better anyway
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Dec 15 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its going on a D btw.
taylorboosh

26th Dec 15 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could still work had one on my clio
eyeopen
Banned

28th Dec 15 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, I remember people using Laguna splitters on the old AX GT's, loved that car, would kick my Corsa 1.4 easy. funny enough AX was a 1.4 too!

I just feel car feels lighter at front after splitters gone, I hate way it moves about, this mainly on motorways around town is ok.

I think he might of broken it, not sure. but don't believe it just fell off. I asked him and he didn't reply.

but thankx guys, leave it way it is for now, looking for 17s, should be good enough for now.

As for lowers, my car is lower on the rear after my vibe v12. Also where I live is a slanted driveway so cant really do lowers, the splitter use to sometimes hit the pavement if facing the road trying to get out.
taylorboosh

28th Dec 15 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

35mm eiback or something and jobs a good un
Steve
Premium Member

28th Dec 15 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a wind up "feels lighter on the front after splitters gone"

Yeah alright then
Jason x
Premium Member

29th Dec 15 at 00:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
135mm eiback or something and jobs a good un
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Dec 15 at 03:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You hit it on the driveway but you're not sure how it came off? That might be a possibility.
taylorboosh

29th Dec 15 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Yeah alright then

Well i thought this but my comments were deleted and i was told to stop being a dick
eyeopen
Banned

29th Dec 15 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
quote:
135mm eiback or something and jobs a good un

Not really, could be less downforce with splitter gone
eyeopen
Banned

29th Dec 15 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You hit it on the driveway but you're not sure how it came off? That might be a possibility.

It rarely did when car was filled with stuff to go tip etc. but just little skim,
eyeopen
Banned

29th Dec 15 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Yeah alright then

Well i thought this but my comments were deleted and i was told to stop being a dick

OMG really, lol. is that why I see a lot of posts but no comments?

Many of you may think Vauxhall just add splitters for no reason, but I do wish the car to be safe and if its reason it feels lighter, moves around more, feels it moves around bit too much on motorway then need to find out rite?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can standark front splitter just fall off? 23 database queries in 0.0164189 seconds