corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dash help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dash help
goldendragon122

User status: Offline
22nd May 03 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having problems with my dash. im trying to remove the centre console plastic covers so i can get them sprayed. i read the faq and it says to place your palm firmly on the vents and push inwards and downwards. i did that now i think i have broken my vents. they are sort of half in and alf out. pretty mashed. has anyone here done it before if so some guidance would be great. any help appreciated
will h

22nd May 03 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i did that when i sprayed mine, just put them straight and left them
cobra148

23rd May 03 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the vents appear to be broken, all thats probably happened is that the sides have popped out of the slot that hold them in place. If your taking off the front fascia, you'll be able to see what I mean, simply pull them back into place again.
goldendragon122

23rd May 03 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but to remove the fascia i need to get behind the vents to the screws. any ideas
cobra148

23rd May 03 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess as you pushed there was a click and the vents have gone into the dash and appear very loose now?
You should still be able to angle them downwards to give you access to the screws.
jm960326

23rd May 03 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just rotate the vents, like the do, down and push them so they roll further down and round than nornal, you'll slot the centre movement bar on them down behind the dash. Then remove the two screws. Once apart you can have a look at your vents see whats wrong and fix it, mine broke first time i did it, but fixed easily!

New Poll