corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C Brakes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Brakes
sxiboy

User status: Offline
23rd May 03 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had some new disks and pads fitted on my sxi, as I had a smash up. After only doing 700 miles they are squeeking even when I'm not braking, then if I touch the brakes lightly it goes away. It seems worse in the wet and when the brakes are hot. Its getting quite loud and really piss*n me off. I've got it booked in at vauxhall on Tuesday, I just wondered if any of you guys had an idea of what it could be.
si_reading

23rd May 03 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno what it is, but mine was squeeking like fcuk too the same as yours. I thought it was just coz my pads where fcuked, so I have out some mew pads on the front and its stopped the sqeeking and I can stop now!
Jason Iles

23rd May 03 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxiboy
Just had some new disks and pads fitted on my sxi, as I had a smash up. After only doing 700 miles they are squeeking even when I'm not braking, then if I touch the brakes lightly it goes away. It seems worse in the wet and when the brakes are hot. Its getting quite loud and really piss*n me off. I've got it booked in at vauxhall on Tuesday, I just wondered if any of you guys had an idea of what it could be.

There is a metal clip on the pads so that when they get to a point where they need changing they rub on the disk. If this has come loose it will rubv against the disk and squeek like a bitch till you put it back on right.
Have a look and see if it's loose if it is thats your prob

New Poll