corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting my own suspenison, how hard??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting my own suspenison, how hard??
Nath

User status: Offline
   26th May 03 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i have just acquired a 60mm Apex shocks and springs kit and i am wanting to know how tricky it is to fit it myslef?

I have a Haynes Corsa Max Power manual and i reckon i might buy a Haynes Corsa manual too. My mate is gonna help me as he pretty much knows what he's doing, only problem is he hasnt done a corsa before, just his fiesta MK3. I just wanted to know what i should be aware of? Anything people got stuck on when they did theirs?

Cheers,
Nath
MC Kustoms

26th May 03 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u got the spring compreesors and the bolt at the top of the strut is 18mm i think juxt make sure u got all the tool 1st
Adam_B

26th May 03 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer the nut on the top of the front suspension strut. U need a ring spanner and a hex key, socket wont work cos it spins the whole thing and theres nowhere to grip it.
Adam_B

27th May 03 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actully that might be wrong, but thats how it is on my coilovers.
Nath

27th May 03 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads. Trying it either tomorrow or thursday. My mates dad is a mechanic so if worst comes to worst i'll get him to help

New Poll