corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PVS2003 - WARNING

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PVS2003 - WARNING
Daimo B

User status: Offline
13th Jun 03 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got this from Mig

"This weekend is the world superbike champ/ship at Silverstone, there will be 150000 bikers up there on the Sunday so be careful on the traffic front if your going past Silverstone, allow more time."

PLease those of u going from here be carefull. Take that 2nd glance when pulling out. Last thing u wanna do is hit a biker on your way up, or home for that matter!!

Beware!
Paul_J

13th Jun 03 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh good point - forgot about that, silverstone's just up the road.
Ojc

13th Jun 03 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am fed up with arrogant car drivers that do not understand that they HAVE to give way to motorbikes

So listen to what Daimo just said you people that have never riden a motorbike and have no understanding of what its like to have to brake hard and loose the back end because some anus in his Corsa decides to change lanes without taking that second glance.
Trotty

13th Jun 03 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Topped
Pablo

13th Jun 03 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good post mate
Daimo B

13th Jun 03 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AS OJC said, its nto good when drivers just dont look. Yeah u get speeding bikers who are nutters, but they are more vunerable than u.

I got knocked off my bike by someone who wasn't looking, and they never stopped!!!
Pablo

13th Jun 03 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I nearly did and I was on my test
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jun 03 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF why is this topped fuckin stupid waste of space fair enuff post in main forum but to top it whats the point
Trotty

13th Jun 03 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because a fair few people will be travelling in this direction on Sunday, and a topped post for a couple of days to warn people in advance makes a lot of sense.
Dan B

13th Jun 03 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I am fed up with arrogant car drivers that do not understand that they HAVE to give way to motorbikes

Since when do bikes have priority over cars in the Highway Code? I know it's been quite a few years since I did my test, but I don't remember that little rule.

Driving 30-odd miles to work every day, mainly motorway, I get to see bikes do generally more risk-taking than cars. Cars stop in queues, bikes weave in and out of HGVs and cars just to get there quicker, bikes tailgate cars at 70+ mph or pass them through a 5' gap (not just in queues, in normal traffic aswell).

Yes, bikes are harder to see because they're smaller, which means they can fit through gaps between cars, that doesn't mean they SHOULD do. Undertaking is still undertaking, whether you're in a car or on a bike, and when you're not in a queue, isn't that illegal?
Andy4B

13th Jun 03 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct my mate got a severe telling off by the police for weaving, undertaking and overtaking stationary traffic.
Dan_Corsa

13th Jun 03 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with dan and the other thing that makes them hard to see is the fact that most of them never travel at the speed limit,which is in place to prevent accidents,so how can they blame a car for pulling out ,if there speeding,
Dan B

13th Jun 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got passed by a bike the other week, in drizzly rain, and he can't have been doing any less than 120mph......and that's over a flyover which is notorious for crosswinds and dodgy grip.
CORSA NUT

13th Jun 03 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Since when do bikes have priority over cars in the Highway Code? I know it's been quite a few years since I did my test, but I don't remember that little rule.

Driving 30-odd miles to work every day, mainly motorway, I get to see bikes do generally more risk-taking than cars. Cars stop in queues, bikes weave in and out of HGVs and cars just to get there quicker, bikes tailgate cars at 70+ mph or pass them through a 5' gap (not just in queues, in normal traffic aswell).

Yes, bikes are harder to see because they're smaller, which means they can fit through gaps between cars, that doesn't mean they SHOULD do. Undertaking is still undertaking, whether you're in a car or on a bike, and when you're not in a queue, isn't that illegal?

I can only say that you must have never riden a motorbike before???

They are not given special treatment it's just people like you who think that a car is the only means of transport.It don't take much to look over your shoulder to check now does it??

The things i've seen driving are equal,there are dickheads in cars who could kill and dickheads on bikes but that's life.The main difference is that bikes are designed for outrite speed and are more than capable of braking out of a bad situation better than any car ever will.0 to 100 and back to 0 again in 7 seconds??

If you ride a bike and feel the speed and rush it gives then maybe you would understand a bit more but seeing as you have not i think you are not entitled to an opinion.
Fad

13th Jun 03 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve106GTi
WTF why is this topped fuckin stupid waste of space fair enuff post in main forum but to top it whats the point

i feel ur a hypocrite for a person who posts the most shite on here

Dan_Corsa

13th Jun 03 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bro rides a gsxr 600 my step dad rides a gsxr 1300 hayabusa i have ownwd a aprilla rs 50 and a 125,just waiting till i'm 21 for my direct access,been out on the back off plenty off fast bikes went to le mans 24 hour on the back of a kawazaki zx 9 r did over a 1000 mile in a weekend,the only reason cars pull out on bikes or pull in on bikes is cos there going 2 fast and like u say corsanut a bike will out break a car so the bikers should b watching the cars not the other way round

o yeah a ferrari's and tvr's is made for all out performance does that mean u can break the speed limit and make dangerous manouvers,i loved to see u explaining to a cop,but its a bike it's meant to go fast lol
CORSA NUT

13th Jun 03 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan_Corsa
my bro rides a gsxr 600 my step dad rides a gsxr 1300 hayabusa i have ownwd a aprilla rs 50 and a 125,just waiting till i'm 21 for my direct access,been out on the back off plenty off fast bikes went to le mans 24 hour on the back of a kawazaki zx 9 r did over a 1000 mile in a weekend,the only reason cars pull out on bikes or pull in on bikes is cos there going 2 fast and like u say corsanut a bike will out break a car so the bikers should b watching the cars not the other way round

o yeah a ferrari's and tvr's is made for all out performance does that mean u can break the speed limit and make dangerous manouvers,i loved to see u explaining to a cop,but its a bike it's meant to go fast lol

Yeah true.
vibrio
Banned

13th Jun 03 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone knows that mountain bkers have right of way on roads. plus anything other than real bikes are pussy's
Dan B

13th Jun 03 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

I can only say that you must have never riden a motorbike before???

They are not given special treatment it's just people like you who think that a car is the only means of transport.It don't take much to look over your shoulder to check now does it??

The things i've seen driving are equal,there are dickheads in cars who could kill and dickheads on bikes but that's life.The main difference is that bikes are designed for outrite speed and are more than capable of braking out of a bad situation better than any car ever will.0 to 100 and back to 0 again in 7 seconds??

If you ride a bike and feel the speed and rush it gives then maybe you would understand a bit more but seeing as you have not i think you are not entitled to an opinion.

Can you point out where in my post I said "Cars are the only means of transport", please? I must have missed it...

And saying that outright speed on a bike gives you a rush doesn't exactly help your argument towards bikes too much.

I admit, I've never ridden a motorbike, and I never plan to, since my dad had a serious enough accident on one, caused by a car. It's because of this that i DO actually make special care to keep an eye out for bikes (that's why I saw that one doing 120+ mph coming from a LONG way away in the rain, and why I always check blind-spots properly before pulling out or changing lanes).

Perhaps that explains why I've not had a crash in almost 10 years of driving (apart from a HGV swerving towards me on a dual-carriageway when I was alongside it, and clipping my wing mirror - nothing I could do about that one), I don't know, what do you think?
Daimo B

13th Jun 03 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh give a rest u nonces. This is just warning those of you that may actually care about knocking a motorcyclist off. If you dont care about that then you are indeed, no matter what u think, a complete idiot.

Its a warning, bikes are smaller, they do ride fast, its not allowed, cars speed, people take drug, my dad got knocked off his bike by a drunk driver and broke his neck. Spent 9 months in hospital.

What stupid replies!
Andy Stocker

13th Jun 03 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will do Lee's checks for him as i'm going in with him & Kel
Adam_B

13th Jun 03 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars vs Bikes and who are most dangerous. Its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.
Wolfy

14th Jun 03 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ and you lost me there mate.... on wait......

yea i get it now!
m4tt_c

14th Jun 03 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd just be carefull, with that many bikes around. if you did hit one how would you feel?
J da Silva

14th Jun 03 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

please watch out for kamakahzi wasps too, u never know when they will try n overtake u,so beware when u pull out!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PVS2003 - WARNING 22 database queries in 0.0177629 seconds