corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anyone that knows fuel injection pls HELP!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone that knows fuel injection pls HELP!!!
jamesw

User status: Offline
21st Jun 03 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had my 1.4 16 Valve fitted, and when i drop from high revs, coming to junction or round-about etc it cuts out but starts straight back up no prob, when ive had a look at the plugs, plug number 1 is sooty and wet, ive tried changing plugs and HT leads, ive done a compression test and compression is fine, also had a time'ing light on and this is also fine, all other plugs are great, as in dry and a light brown colour, any advice or help anyone?

Cheers,

JW

[Edited on 22-06-2003 by jamesw]

[Edited on 22-06-2003 by jamesw]
jamesw

22nd Jun 03 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Rich-

22nd Jun 03 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think i'm right in asuming it's a multi point injection setup yeah?
Right, as you've changed plugs/leads you've probably ruled out it being them. Next thing to check, is the distributor cap/roter arm (If it has them, can't remember) ok? It could be that it's not sending a spark to no 1 plug.

Next possiblility, it could be that no 1 injector is leaking, thus it's running rich, to check just swap two injectors 'round. If the problem follows the injector, there's your problem.

You've done a compression test, might also be worth doing a cylinder leak down test. Just out of interest, you say compression is 'fine'. I take it that means all four cyls. are similar?

Of course the sooty plug and cutting out may not be a related problem, its possible the cutting out is caused by a dirty Idle control valve, try giving it a clean, and clean the throttle plated/body out as well.

Hope this helps,

Rich
miles

22nd Jun 03 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Timing light one it? Cant do this as its ECU controlled ignition.

My bet is ICV.

There is no dizzy or rotor arm, its a dispack.

How is it running when moving? Is it smooth with ok power?
miles

22nd Jun 03 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is mpi yeah. Any fault codes? Is the light wired up?
Rich-

22nd Jun 03 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh, as its coil packs, I would figure its a waste spakr system then, which sorta rules out the lack of spark theory.

Rich

New Poll