corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anti theft valve caps dont work, as I found out today ggrrrrrrr

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anti theft valve caps dont work, as I found out today ggrrrrrrr
Claire Richardson

User status: Offline
24th Jun 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theiving feckers knicked them off me corsa in either Beverley train staion or Normanton co op car park today or yesterday cause they were all on when I washed it Sunday.
just remembered, I was at Ponti cruise Sunday night so it could have been there too.
Whatever, the anti theft thing is bollocks and the alarm sensor must have been buzzin like mad and they still got to em.
friggin cars not safe anywhere
Gonna put black plastic ones on next time. Not worth nicking and pence to buy.
One consolation I suppose, it was only the valve caps

Claire
corb

24th Jun 03 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got two sets of free ones with redline, for free! i didnt buy the mag, just nicked em outta the old mags from work!
Marc D

24th Jun 03 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf is the point of nickin valve caps? honestly! fuckin wankers!
Daimo B

24th Jun 03 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U park ur car in a train station !!!! Sod that!
DanielJ

24th Jun 03 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thepikeys knickd mine 4 their bikes
p4ult

24th Jun 03 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I lost my first set the day after I got my alloys
Then got some of the locking ones with the little grub screw in the side, these went soon after as well, aint had any on me car for a couple of years now
corb

24th Jun 03 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some little pikey on a is riding round on a unicycle somewhere with one of my valve caps

Glad i nicked a spare set from redline now
Kris TD

24th Jun 03 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a set knicked from mine before too.
Kris TD

24th Jun 03 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

antitheft ones that is.
Claire Richardson

24th Jun 03 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was visiting the station to see the staff, thats my job. I have got a Clio that I use for work cause I doo LOADS of miles, but that's gone belly up on me and is now at the garage. So I'm having to use the corsa. I dont like using it for work and the caps going missing is an example of precisely why
just hope I get the clio back ASAP. Not bothered about owt happening to that. Only cost me £600 so I wouldnt put owt on the exterior worth nicking anyways.
Just pisses me off that some folk will stoop as low as a set of friggin valve caps. Actually, now I think about it,there were only three on at the time so they didnt even get a full set. And the fact that some little gobshite has messed around and touched with my pride and joy. I'd have frigging throttled em if I'd have seen em

Claire
Daimo B

24th Jun 03 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see u and me think the same
TOMAS

24th Jun 03 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Claire you cheeky monkey, you shot past me today! Never seen or met you in my life but i was just going into Beverly Racecourse lookin rather dapper drinking a can of coke and when i saw 'the' corsa i nearly spat my drink everywhere. Funny as fook, i live in Notts dont ever go to shows etc and i see you! Small world, p.s sorry to hear about the caps, you car dont look too bad without them LOL
Thoday

24th Jun 03 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paif £199 for mine brand new at a car place.. had them on 6 mths no probs yet.. and i cant get the buggers off! lol
Claire Richardson

24th Jun 03 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Proved it that you have to think like that mate
Bloody good job you only NEARLY spat on me car Tomas Did you win owt. I had to slow right down just before the racecourse cause of some cows crossing the road Proper cows, not slapper lasses They've got right of way there!! Crazy.
Yeah how small a world is that. I'm in Nottingham tomorrow in the corsa, so you might see me again. Giz a shout if ya do. I'll not say where tho in case someone finds out and wants to have a go at my wiper

Claire
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

24th Jun 03 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent read all the thread but - I had my black caps stolen when i first got the car so i went to halfords (silly) and bought some anti theft silver ones that need a set of clampers to get the fuckers off, or use the keyring you get with them to take them off, few of us tried to get them off by hand and they are fucking impossible so unless you are the hulk or carry the right equipment.
CorsAsh

24th Jun 03 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cheakycharlie
paif £199 for mine brand new at a car place.. had them on 6 mths no probs yet.. and i cant get the buggers off! lol

£199????? for valve caps???? Jesus chirst were they pure gold??
TOMAS

25th Jun 03 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL Claire, i ALWAYS win! Im part of a Bookmaking firm there! T/A Jack Wilton (on-course betting). Had a crazy time last week cos i was working all week down at Royal Ascot! Noticed another black Corsa just before yours going the other way dropped 60mm on 17's, his missus works on the Tote at Beverly Races. Shame i found out so late about you comming to Notts today, we could of met up. Yeah believe me their are some dodgy places in Notts so watch out, but im still living at home with parents in their phat house in West Bridgford. Nice part of Nottingham and apparently the WEALTHIEST part of E.Midlands!
Andy Stocker

25th Jun 03 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I used to park C13 anywhere, I parked him in 2 spaces, removed the valve caps & roof aerial. I did this everywhere I went
Claire Richardson

25th Jun 03 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aint it sad Andy when you've gotta resort to doing that. Oh to live in a world where there were no theives!!!!
I was actually thinking of getting a set of caps and just putting them on for shows. Forgot about the aerial tho. They could've had that if they'd thought on, and the wiper too. little shits they are

Claire
Adam-D

25th Jun 03 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you can get flush fitting valves and when you pump the tyres up more you screw in a bit to make it a full valve......

just a thought
Adam-D

25th Jun 03 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

page 26 top left demon tweeks catalouge 2003
Claire Richardson

25th Jun 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I've seen them. You have to have your tyres deflated and taken off to fit them. I think they are universal, but not too sure. If there's anything on a car that can be screwed or wrenched off, some fecker will
Claire
Adam-D

25th Jun 03 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but we can reduce the number of things that they can try to pull off our cars

them valves look good
get some then when you get new tyres put em on

shouldnt cost to much to ave em fitted any way

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anti theft valve caps dont work, as I found out today ggrrrrrrr 22 database queries in 0.0139270 seconds