corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Oxygen Sensor + K&N Filter

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oxygen Sensor + K&N Filter
Aussie GSi

User status: Offline
   25th Jun 03 at 03:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey there

I've heard about some people having a problem with their cars, where the engine warning light comes on, and the idle goes batshiit.

I've also heard it come up in conversation, that some people have realised that it was due to deposits of air filter oil from their pod filters, coating some sort of sensor in the intake.

What sensor is this? Is it the oxygen sensor?

I noticed in my car this morning, my ECU light came on, and the idle stuck for a bit (until I hit the accelerator pedal to budge it). She usually idles at about 850rpm, but she dropped down to about 500-600 and stayed there for a second, until I tapped the accelerator. She didn't stall or anything. I turned off the car, and started again, she was fine, then a bit down the road, she did it again. ????

Any help? Thanks guys.

C

[Edited on 25-06-2003 by Aussie GSi]
SKATE

25th Jun 03 at 03:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt it would be the oxygen sensor as that sits on the exhaust manifold so any oil from the panel would have been burnt in the combustion process. Could be a clogged up Idle control valve.
OzzySRi

25th Jun 03 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wire ur talkin bout is the 'hot wire' located in the air flow meter. It calculates air flow by measuring the changes in temp caused by air passing over the wire. If u over oil ur pod the excess oil gets sucked into the inlet pipe and coats the wire causing it to read incorrectly. Just spray it with a bit of carb cleaner to dissolve the oil.
Aussie GSi

25th Jun 03 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks dudes! Aussies to the rescue!

C
SKATE

27th Jun 03 at 03:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't think the 95 spec GSi had the Hot wire meter.
Bart

27th Jun 03 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this wire, is it the wire that was going into the pip on the air filter tube?
ive just took mine off and left it hanging (out the way), that not a good thing to do then?

I personally get the idle problem occasionally, but i think its my idle control valve, the car idles really high sometimes.
miles

27th Jun 03 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, thats the air temp sensor.
He is talking about the wire in the air flow meter found only on the early Gsi's.
Bart

27th Jun 03 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah.. it still must be my dodgy throttle body switch/sensor

New Poll