corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Karting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Karting
Phil321

User status: Offline
6th Jul 03 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone do this? If so, where do you go? Do you race or just do laps? What did it cost for the kart/helmet etc/use of tracks?

Thinking about starting karting as it looks like a good laugh! Any sites?
GREG 1

6th Jul 03 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have x2 karts 0-60 in 4 seconds and i raced for the south east.
Phil321

6th Jul 03 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know any sites mate? How much does a reasonable kart cost?
Dan
Premium Member

6th Jul 03 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they had these twin engined 1's at my local track the other day 4 sale @ 400 quid, were fast as fuck!!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Phil321

6th Jul 03 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to a corporate day at the Three Sisters in Ashton in a twin engined kart. It was such a wicked day out.
Recaro1

6th Jul 03 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you looked at www.karting.co.uk?

Used to do it from the age of 8 - 15 but had to give it up because of time and money.

I'd loved to get back into it. Really want to get into gearbox's.

as for the cost, prob around £2K but it depends on the quality of the kit you buy and if you buy second hand.

[Edited on 06-07-2003 by Recaro1]
Paul_J

6th Jul 03 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.daytona.co.uk < there is a track in manchester

I go to the one in london (near the ace cafe) - and its weird... So stylish and tidy for a go karting place... Huge GP track! (or 2 seperate tracks) you can enter a Grand Prix which anyone can join ... and then the 20 or so of you (random strangers) - practice then have like 3 heats and a final... I think all that is only £35!

Also have endurance races and stuff too!

and if its anything like this one, you have a nice lounge and bar with comfy leather sofa's over looking the track and nice big tv screens.

Paul J
Dr Pepper

6th Jul 03 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going for a karting gp with 40 of my mates in two weeks at mk.....cant wait to be on that grid, first corners gonna be interesting lol
Ben
Banned

6th Jul 03 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its mental , i went wi 14 of my mates and that was mad as fcuk , i crunched my mate into tires (they fell on him) we wa all pissin about , erm thing they wa 350cc or 400 cant remember now but was fast as
RichR
Premium Member

6th Jul 03 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a Villius 210 - and ex JCB works team cart - specially converted to a full carbon body-including the chassis - well carbon/kevlar composite - foOKing Quick as...... nehow - mainly go to 3 sisters race track and Darley moor - as well as a few outdoor/indoor tracks such as the daytona ones

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Karting 23 database queries in 0.0099831 seconds