corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting 18's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting 18's
Corsa_Ash

User status: Offline
   6th Jul 03 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been meaning to fit 17's 2 my Corsa for few months now. Ive de-bolted the arches & all the work that needs doin 4 them 2 fit. But afta goin 2 Max Power Live yesterday the 17's just look normal! Im now thinkin bout gettin 18's....so does nebody know wat work needs 2b done so these will fit wiv no horrible grinding noises?? They will most prob b 215/35...let me know plz!!!
Cheers
Ash
timmeee

6th Jul 03 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitment is crucial, gotta be 45-49 mm offset, and no wider than 7" really. Still a good chance they will rub, depending how much work you have already done to the arches. The ride will be terrible as well, I wouldnt go any bigger than 17s if I were you - not if you drive it alot
Corsa_Ash

6th Jul 03 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well saw a few yesterday & they had 18's on...it just has 2b done cos most ppl seem 2 go out & buy 17's now. Im guna go mad on this car, so may as well fork out 4 18's & nice set of coilovers.
luca2020

6th Jul 03 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

17s dont need any work in the first place

with 18s ull have to cut back the arches, and lower it about 60mm otherwise u will have a contender for the monster truck series

215/35 is the best tyre imo for the corsa with 18s
Corsa_Ash

6th Jul 03 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the wide arches neway so sum of the arch may b cut away wen its all guna b fitted. Just not sure wat wheels 2 get cos saw quite a few Mille Miglia T12's fitted yesterday & liked the look of them Ruined already! Bin lookin through WheelBase in Max Power bt just undecided.

Ash
luca2020

6th Jul 03 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive allready got psg2 wide arch kit, getting 18s in 2 weeks and FK coilovers
Corsa_Ash

7th Jul 03 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think that id hav 2 invest in sum 3mm spacers on the front as well. Let me kno wen u get the 18's & coilovers fitted. Wud like 2 kno how easy they go on & wat the ride is like.

Cheers
Ash
grigglet33

7th Jul 03 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ride is terrible have 18's on mine dropped 60mm at the rear and 70mm at the front, Had them on a year now and gone through four drive shaft and had ll wheel bearings changed, not too bad if you aint going to be using the car all the time but for daily use it does your head in,must be slammed to look any good!

New Poll