corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » almost ready to hit the road... and i need some advice!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author almost ready to hit the road... and i need some advice!
kz

User status: Offline
7th Aug 03 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey i passed my test a few weeks back and i decided to wait until im 19 (on sunday ) because i save £250 on my insurance....

well anyway, seeing that my car had been sitting in my grans garage for the past 11 months undriven a few problems had occured! today, thanks to halfords lol i sorted them out... i managed to change my wheels over (had a totally dead tyre) and install my new battery. also today i phoned up my insurance and thats all sorted only thing left to so is get the tax...

unfortunity i have to wait until monday for that seeing as though the post office is shut on sunday anyway one little piece of advice was... shall i get my wheels now? because i think im gonna curb them to shit as this is my first ever car, i dunno if i should wait a bit until im more confident, but at the same time i wanna get them on there asap! whatcha reckon? cheers for any advice!

btw i plan to get wolfrace ikon plus in shadow chrome (15" )
Terry

7th Aug 03 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably best to wait a few months, so you can get used to driving the car, and you can curb the standard ones to your hearts content to get it out of your system
kz

7th Aug 03 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe cheers fella, just dunno if i can stand steelies for three months when im only gonna have the car for about six! lol. where you from in essex?
M4tt

7th Aug 03 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't put em on straight away, practice a bit of parking first.

when i park i always reverse in. with the passanger mirror pointing slightly downward so i can see wher the kerb is in relation to ma car.

i neva drive straight in to a parking bay cause it is far too easy to fuck up your front alloy this way.

hope you get me drift!

matt
Terry

7th Aug 03 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alternitively, you could just never park, or park 2 foot away from the kerb!

Ilford, other end of the A127 to you
M4tt

7th Aug 03 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could do i suppose, but you might get back to find half your car missing....

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » almost ready to hit the road... and i need some advice! 22 database queries in 0.0110331 seconds