corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Door loom plugs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Door loom plugs
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
14th Aug 03 at 01:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm re-fitting the loom to my shell and I came to run the loom out to the doors, the 30 pin round plug that hangs out of the car and meets each door, anyway I came across a problem on the car side, the plug won't pass through the factory hole as there's now a roll cage in the way.

Has anyone ever disassembled one of these plugs and if so, how the hell do you get the pins out so I can pass these through and reassemble of the outside of the car?
Richie

14th Aug 03 at 02:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where the wires go into the plug, just stick a needle or something small enough under the pin and use it like a lever. Dont use too much force. Then pull the wire, and it should come out.
Mav 3000

14th Aug 03 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was told by every auto electrician I phoned asking about the multiplugs never to go near them, and that re-wiring them would take about a day each. this may have been a deterrant though!
Richie

14th Aug 03 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah it aint nothin like that
IntaCepta

14th Aug 03 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, i'm sure if u get a paper clip or pin in there it will slide out.
get a kid with small hands to do it tho.

New Poll