corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Induction Kits

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Induction Kits
ic0n

User status: Offline
27th Aug 03 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im lookin to put an induction kit on my corsa to make it sound that little bit better, I was gunna put a K&N kit in her cuz i hear their the best but a mate told me to go for a pipercross because they make a corsa sound better than a K&N does?

Is this true? or is k&n better?
chadjpr

27th Aug 03 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

viper kits always are good
Kris TD

27th Aug 03 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drill aibox, still mnake the noise but dont slow your car down by sucking in hot air, plsu they are free.
luca2020

27th Aug 03 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same as above
ic0n

27th Aug 03 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just want sumthing thats gunna gimme a nice note, even when the car is just sittin, iv got a backbox on an a air filter but i want more!!!
Kris TD

27th Aug 03 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a panel filter?

if so drill the airbox, it makes shed loads of differnece, air filters arent gonna make any noise differnce when at idle, even induction kits wont, only on diesel cars cos on petrols the throttle is almost closed, hence sucking in hardly any air, where as on diesels it sucks in hard the whole time
corsa-sxi

27th Aug 03 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont understand, how does an induction kit suck in hot air when there is a cold air feed to them? huh
MikeH

28th Aug 03 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because usually the induction kit sucks air faster than the cold air pipes are providing it.... and they suck from different directions too... so they draw in warmer engine bay air.
Gambit

28th Aug 03 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rather than drill holes all over just cut the front section out of the box, kinda like a big square, this will alow cold air from behind the light to flow in

people go on about drilling the wing side, front side & underside but warm air doesnt stand still under the bonnet when moving, it still circulates round all the places u have drilled the holes

also, dunno how true this is, but cutting out a one large hole at the front allows the noise to reverberate alot louder inside the box

New Poll