corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » speed camera rules for the netting-off scheme

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speed camera rules for the netting-off scheme
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
28th Aug 03 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For what its worth the new rules state that:

Camera housings must be yellow

No camera housing should be obscured by bridges, signs, trees or bushes

Cameras must be visible from 60 metres away in 40 mph or less areas and 100 metres for all other limits

Camera warning and speed limit reminders must be placed within one kilometre of fixed and mobile camera sites

Signs must only be placed in areas where camera housings are placed or where mobile cameras are used

Mobile speed camera users must be highly visible by wearing fluorescent clothing and their vehicles marked with reflective strips

Camera sites must be reviewed at least every six months to ensure that visibility and signing conditions are being met

I went though a mobile speed trap last night (about 68 in a 60) and the van was not that visable until you got up close to it and the bushes were opstructing the releflective strips. now if I do get a NIP I can use the defence that there is no sign before it, that the van was not visbale from 100M. those rules suck. best bit is that it's on a downhill stretch of road on the A77 which I drive every day to work and I always check my speed at that point. forgot last night on the way to footie
vibrio
Banned

28th Aug 03 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no you can't use the fact they are not going by the rules as a defense. if they get caught breaking them they get removed from the scheme
Ditch

28th Aug 03 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im the monkey who has to review the Cameras in Herts every 6months !
kerzo

28th Aug 03 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when do these rules take effect?? surely you could take a picture of the place you were caught then that would be your evidence
vibrio
Banned

28th Aug 03 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello monkey
M2RTY

28th Aug 03 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any way i can get off with an sp30 but was followed by a cop car not a speed camera?
beav

28th Aug 03 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently these are guidelines and not rules

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » speed camera rules for the netting-off scheme 22 database queries in 0.0087650 seconds