corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tracing the recorded owner via number plates...How???

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tracing the recorded owner via number plates...How???
cobra148

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 03 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone on here have the abillity to trace a recorded keeper via a number plate? I know it can be done other than via the police, and I seem to remember someone on here did it a while ago.
The reason I ask is because my daughter was mugged last night, 30 seconds after stepping out of a taxi, just 100 yards from home. She had her phone and cash taken, but thankfully was unhurt, though very shaken.
Anyway, I rang the police and they didn't seem too bothered, said they would send someone round when they had time, this was 9.30 last night and I'm still waiting.
I've got no faith in the police, and want to try and trace them myself now. I have the numberof the car they were using.If anyone has the technology to do it, or can point me in the right direction, could you contact me by u2u please?
I'm going to the taxi office now to find the taxi driver. I want to "thank" him for sitting on his arse while the assault took place then simply driving off giving her no help.
M2RTY

3rd Sep 03 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry 2 hear that mate.

if u put it in some insurance databases it will give u a lot of details about the car (age, type, engine etc) then if u hpi check it it will give u the owners i belive
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Sep 03 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cobra148
Does anyone on here have the abillity to trace a recorded keeper via a number plate? I know it can be done other than via the police, and I seem to remember someone on here did it a while ago.
The reason I ask is because my daughter was mugged last night, 30 seconds after stepping out of a taxi, just 100 yards from home. She had her phone and cash taken, but thankfully was unhurt, though very shaken.
Anyway, I rang the police and they didn't seem too bothered, said they would send someone round when they had time, this was 9.30 last night and I'm still waiting.
I've got no faith in the police, and want to try and trace them myself now. I have the numberof the car they were using.If anyone has the technology to do it, or can point me in the right direction, could you contact me by u2u please?
I'm going to the taxi office now to find the taxi driver. I want to "thank" him for sitting on his arse while the assault took place then simply driving off giving her no help.

I take it you have two daughters then?

I suppose you could PM Romford Astra and ask him if he can find out for you...
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Sep 03 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RV H
sorry 2 hear that mate.

if u put it in some insurance databases it will give u a lot of details about the car (age, type, engine etc) then if u hpi check it it will give u the owners i belive

I think the HPI check only tells you how many previous owners there were mate, doesn't give out registered keeper information...
M2RTY

3rd Sep 03 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worth a try, not doone it myself tho

u could say the car was seen driving illegally
M2RTY

3rd Sep 03 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

e.g drink driving etc with no tax, then the copps will pull him hehehehehe
cobra148

3rd Sep 03 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam, I've got 3 daughters
I'm getting prank calls now from her stolen phone, bloody police are useless, they don't want to know even though I've told them I have the car details.
I'm sure theres a way to find out the info I need without going through a police pnc check, and I'm sure someone on here did it a year or so ago, can't remember who though.
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Sep 03 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3? You only had one last time I was round yours? Did you lock the other two away or something?

Can't you make a complaint to the Luton plod about their lack of action?
Stu_22

3rd Sep 03 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I asked MIG web the same question and I think they gave me a few numbers to ring.

I never needed it though and cant find the thread but no harm in asking them

Stu_22

3rd Sep 03 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen the post on MIG web.

I'll keep an eye out for the car
cobra148

3rd Sep 03 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam, that was the youngest one, the other two were at school.

St, I think I might have a positive result from that other thread.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Sep 03 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police officers can't do PNC outside their normal duty. They would be sacked.

Are you sure they have done nothing? They might be looking in to the vehicle but just not told you.

It will also be worth talking to the mobile network, they can render the phone useless and perhaps some other traces or something. Perhaps fidn out who else they have called, this may lead you to them.

Sorry to hear about that anyway, I hope she is OK.

[Edited on 03-09-2003 by Ian]
Savinforcorsaproject

3rd Sep 03 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear it cobra.
Police wont do jack.
Our boss was botled, inside our store and he was on camra and our boss got his reg plate and police did nothing.

Hope it works out for u. Anything i can do gimmie a shout
Adam-D

3rd Sep 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

police seem vary uncaring/unhelpfull
these days
cobra148

3rd Sep 03 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We rang the police at 9.30 last night and explained what had happened, at this point I wasn't aware she had the reg number. I was told they would send some one when they had an officer available.
I rang again just before 1.00am asking if anyone was comming out and to tell them also that we now had the reg number.
They didn't want the number, but said that the calling officer would take all the details. Its now almost 24 hours later and still no sign of them
I've put a block on the phone and sim, so at least they can't use it now.
I think I might have had a positive result now, I'll see how that goes.
I might give the police another call and see what they say, but I know from experience that they can take up to 3 days to come out to a burglary!
Typical really, drive through a town centre at night with a defective light and see how many police are "available"
charcoalgrill

3rd Sep 03 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates back window was put thru, and it was recored on his cctv. 9 months later, nothing still has happened, and since the ppl have done another 3 cars. police for you nowadays
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Sep 03 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't need to turn up to be doing something.
Jill
Premium Member

3rd Sep 03 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear bout this cobra-hope ur daughter's ok tho?

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

True-but some sorta acknowledgement would be good to let u know they're dealing with it.

JILL
kro

3rd Sep 03 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bad news buddy...

hope u catch the bastids...

quote:
Originally posted by cobra148

Typical really, drive through a town centre at night with a defective light and see how many police are "available"

indeedy..
Joff

3rd Sep 03 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to be able to get addresses from number plate checks.

U2U me and I'll see what info can still be had.
cobra148

4th Sep 03 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Ian, they can't be doing anything because they don't know any of the details. My daughter can positively ID the persons responsible, plus I have the make, colour, and reg number of the car involved yet they know none of this, so how can they be taking any action?
The offence took place 9.30pm on Tuesday night, someone was due to come and take a statement, its now 43 hours later, and still nothing!
I rang them again at 8.30 last night, almost 24 hours since the offence took place, I was told I had to appreciate how busy they are, and someone would call round as soon as they had an officer available. I'm a licensed radio amateur, and sometimes "accidentally" hear police broadcasts so I know exactly how "busy" they actually are in my area.
corsa_caz

4th Sep 03 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretend you are from a company. write a letter to DVLA, SWANSEA, SA99 1AJ with like a logo at the the top, just saying ''we are the owners of the above property (state any place) and the car stated above is illegally parked on private ground. before we can remove the car, we must write to the owner of the car. herewith i enclose a cheque for £2.50'' write a cheque for £2.50. thats what we do at my company, they will send you a little slip back saying who owns it and where they live as well.
hope your girl is ok

[Edited on 04-09-2003 by corsa_caz]
dave17

4th Sep 03 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_caz
pretend you are from a company. write a letter to DVLA, SWANSEA, SA99 1AJ with like a logo at the the top, just saying ''we are the owners of the above property (state any place) and the car stated above is illegally parked on private ground. before we can remove the car, we must write to the owner of the car. herewith i enclose a cheque for £2.50'' write a cheque for £2.50. thats what we do at my company, they will send you a little slip back saying who owns it and where they live as well.
hope your girl is ok

[Edited on 04-09-2003 by corsa_caz]
+

.......impressive
corsa_caz

4th Sep 03 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks
Richie

4th Sep 03 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have kept the mobile phone going, as if the information was passed on to the police they might have been able to retrieve the cell location number which would have given them a better idea of where they are

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tracing the recorded owner via number plates...How??? 22 database queries in 0.0332651 seconds