corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best tube to use for Cold air feed??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best tube to use for Cold air feed??
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
6th Sep 03 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting pipercross panel filter for the airbox, and wanna make my own cold air feed. Looking at running from the gap under the numberplate (pre 97 corsa). I know you can buy 100mm feeds from pipercross with anodised ends, but thats £40!

What tubes the best stuff to use?
Munchie

6th Sep 03 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go into B&Q warehouse and get 1 for bout £6. look for a tumble dryer feed
Andy Stocker

6th Sep 03 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Test
MattyB

6th Sep 03 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont use any thing plastic, it will conduct head, and u'll end up havin warm air flowing into ur engine.

Go to a motor factors and ask for exhaust repair tubing. Its aluminuim tubing, in loadsa different diameters and is very flexible. Its bout £3 a foot. Keeps the heat out very well.

Matt
dave17

6th Sep 03 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got mine from b&q, i ithkn its 4" tubing, u cnt run it from the grill under the number plate, there isnt enough room there, trust me, ive tried! i cable tied mine to the inside of the arch and linked directly onto the bottom of the air box:

inside the air box, notice the cable ties in some of the holes attaching the pipe to the bottom of the box:

i also used another bit of piping here to bring air to the front of the box:

[Edited on 06-09-2003 by Dave17]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best tube to use for Cold air feed?? 22 database queries in 0.0076180 seconds