corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » hahah just raced a 1.1 saxo!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hahah just raced a 1.1 saxo!
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Sep 03 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ok... i was picking my mates up from ilkley and i was 2 secs down the road and these 2 kevs really thin.. looked like anerexic twins! in a 1.1 saxo was putting there foot down..

so i did the same. i was following him for about 1 mile till we hit ilkley bypas and he floored it so did i!!! he was about 50 metres infront all the way. identical!!

then we got off the bypass and there was a ford focus infront of him, so he floored it to get round this focus and the focus did the same. leaving these kevs on the wrong side of the road overtaking thin air! was so funny!!!

o did i tel u i had 4 people in the car wiv an approx weight of 60 stone in the car at the time. dont u just wish sometimes you were alone wen shit like this happenes!

[Edited on 12-09-2003 by chris_uk]
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Sep 03 at 00:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Richie

12th Sep 03 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stone Cold Rattlesnake

12th Sep 03 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just read this somewhere else?
what engine u got a 1.0
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Sep 03 at 00:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no 1.2
Mistamist

12th Sep 03 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a race with a 1.2 clio RT same situation really at a set of traffic lights and i didnt really take any notice light goes green and they floor it and breeze off down the road......but had to stop for the the next set of lights. as i pulled up these two lads looked like they were just let out of nursery for the day looked over at me cos i had my Dizzee Rascal Playin. the driver gave me a nod and i laughed lights went amber and off he went so i dumped the clutch and was about 5 meters behind them hit second and slight wheelspin, bout three meters behind now, double clutched it into third and pulled along side they both looked over so i waved as i passed them and left them to read the corsasport logo in my rear window.........Very chuffed with myself.!!

[Edited on 12-09-2003 by mistdotcom]
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Sep 03 at 00:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y would u double clutch? i was just pleased coz i had appox 60 stone in the car at the time.
Mistamist

12th Sep 03 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno my gearbox just responds better when i bounce the clutch when i boot it.
vibrio
Banned

12th Sep 03 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have not raced ever and will never race. leave your racing to the track
nik

12th Sep 03 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet 1.2 racing is fun
vibrio
Banned

12th Sep 03 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is
barry_kellett99

12th Sep 03 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
I have not raced ever and will never race. leave your racing to the track

I totally agree - and some planks wonder why they get labelled boy racers?
3CorsaMeal

12th Sep 03 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fcuking h8 these stories, at least make em quick or end it with a crash
Mistamist

12th Sep 03 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Racing in a 1.2 is like catching a bus so when someone in a 1.2 boots it there is no need to worry bout crashing cos they never get fast enough to do any damage anyway!
westsidecorsa

12th Sep 03 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am out in ilkley tonight! will look for you on my way up the bypass!!
MattyB

12th Sep 03 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once had a race. The only race i have ever won. Driving my dad's Honda V tec. (150 bhp).

Away from the lights on the A41 in Watford 2 pikies in a corsa 1.4 sport. They wernt even lookin over, just sittin revvin like u do then when lights went green, i was slow off mark and just whacked foot on gas (auto box). I didnt even have to put any effort intt, yet u cud see the driver smackin it into first, seconds, third etc! leant forward over the wheel, the lot.

By bout 40mph they were so far behind it was funny. So i slowed down, they caught up and i booted it again. They were so pissed off a 4x4 had just smoked em. Traction control was on and it was on FWD mode, so it wernt like i was caining it.

HA HA HA....

Matt
R Lee

12th Sep 03 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
y would u double clutch? i was just pleased coz i had appox 60 stone in the car at the time.

double clutching?
ive heard on f&f but what is it?
DanielJ

12th Sep 03 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i race lots of cars wen they piss me off often winnin i can remember wen i tried racin an evo tho how funny tha was wen i nearly causd him 2 crash cos i wudnt let him bk in
DanielJ

12th Sep 03 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wen u double the clutch it shoots the revs up, give u a slight boost 4ward, shud try it in 2nd wen ur doi bout 35mph
Paul_J

12th Sep 03 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly, whats your mileage on your sxi? have you had it serviced, coz I'd of thought you'd be able to get past a 1.1 saxo with relative ease, even with 2 more passengers than they had.

secondly, @ nik (the 1.2 racing)

You have to realise, whenever any 17/18 year old gets their first car they can't afford to insure a powerful car (unless their daddy is rich) - and thus everyone ends up getting 1.1's, 1.2's and if your lucky 1.4's...

Thus the majority of people out there racing you at the lights will only have about 75 bhp!

In my opinion racing a 75 bhp car against a 75 bhp car is far more fun, than racing a 150 bhp 2.0 corsa against a 90 bhp Saxo VTR!

So many people with big fast corsa's think they're story's are far more interesting because they've just raced and beaten something in their fast corsa. The only thing is they beat something that was far slower - and would of been piss easy in their car! Wow look at them... everyone give them a medal...

Paul J
Wolfy

12th Sep 03 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
I have not raced ever and will never race.

no point you can just raz past most standard cars as if there standing still in that punto.

its no more a race but a savage beating vibrio style

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » hahah just raced a 1.1 saxo! 22 database queries in 0.0200698 seconds