corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Spraying??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spraying??
J20PHL

User status: Offline
30th Sep 03 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloke quoted me £480 for spraying bumpers, bonet and arches....i know thats stupid money but he said something about a special adhesive primer that needs to be put on the bumpers and arches to stop the paint flaking off. the bumpers are the black bobbley kind. is this true or can you smooth them down, prime them as usuall and spray them?

cheers
p1723944

30th Sep 03 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£480 is about right, are you spraying standard bumber ?
J20PHL

30th Sep 03 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh, a mates dad said he would do it all for me for £150. that would be a pukka job aswell, he sprays his own cars and his sons touring car!
p1723944

30th Sep 03 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sprayed the standard arches on mine just to see how they turned out. They looked alright but kept that orange peel look.

To get a smooth look you would need to sand them down with wet n dry prior to spraying, same with the bumpers.

Still if your mates dad said he will do it for £150, I'd get down the bank now. Will he supply the paint ?
J20PHL

30th Sep 03 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh mate thats everything included, just got to run them down to him.
p1723944

30th Sep 03 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Result ! You aint goin to get a better price than that unles you do it your self.

Even then by the time you've brought enough primer, paint and laq to do it your looking close to £100 any way.
Dicky_Morris

30th Sep 03 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my gfs dad is a panel beater n sprayer n he said he can get 1/2 litre of paint and laq colour coded 2 my car 4 30quid and the plasicizer u talk of which makes the paint maluable is cheap as chips full job cost me 40odd quid

New Poll