corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fao : snowy

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fao : snowy
NeilsC

User status: Offline
10th Oct 03 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ello mate,

thought I would ask you as you know yr stuff.

I have a kicker CVR Comp 15 in my car now, powered by a Pheonix Gold Amp which runs it fine. I have another CVR Comp 15 at home, what do i need to do to run this 15 as well, I know i need another amp but surely I cant run it of the same battery as i am doing now, any ideas

Cheers,
Neil
Savinforcorsaproject

10th Oct 03 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a Optima Yellow battery.
corb

10th Oct 03 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the power of the amp? is it 2ohm stable in mono, if it is and is powerful enough for both subs (250RMS each) the nothing, not even a new amp.

Your existing battery should be ok, but a decent heavy duty one from somewhere like halfords(20% off all calcium batteries at the mo.) would help.

With that sorta power, 4guage running down the car into a ditribution block, splitting into 2 more 4 guage cables then into the amps. Or 2guage down the car if u can afford it.
NeilsC

11th Oct 03 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate

both subs are 500 rms and 1000 peak. The amp is 500 rms and 1000 peak so it is running just fine. So it can be done fairly easy with out to much hassle and cost yeah ?

New Poll