corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wiring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wiring
tomcorsa

User status: Offline
16th Oct 03 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 2 amps runnin 2 subs that are not fitted yet wiot iz the best way 2 fit em

using both pre outs on the back of my headunit or just usin 1 and linking the amps
Dom

16th Oct 03 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright mate, im not an expert at this stuff but it all depends. If both amps are for the back (sub, 6x9's etc) and you dont want to beable to fade between back and front then use both of them, however if you wish to fade or got one amp for back one amp for front then use each preout accordingly etc im sure you get the idea
Personally, if both amps are for the back, i would daisy chain one amp from the other, that way it leaves me with the spare preout (the front one) for the future if i ever want to amp my comps etc etc
hoped this helped
Dom
tomcorsa

16th Oct 03 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheerz m8 but how do i daisy chain my 2 amps in the bak do i just get hold of sum wireand link the 2 power, 2 remote, 2 ground and 2 RCA s
Dom

16th Oct 03 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah mate,
power wise i would wack 2 gauge from your battery (fused) then go to a Distribution Block (with a 2gauge in and 2x 4gauge out) and then take 4gauge wire to your amps (sperately). However, the guages all depends btw If you have the money to burn then get 0 gauge from battery to distro block and then go from there (thats how i would do it, altho you'll spend more cash this way).
Remote wire you might be lucky to beable to daisy chain it (conenct it to one amp, peice of wire to other), if not your going to need a relay (thats as much as i know on that).
And ground, if you use 4 gauge for the power then use 4 gauge for the ground(negative) and coinnect them to the shell of the car (dont connect daisy chain them).
As for the RCA's, most amps have a set of outputs, you take output of one and wack it in to the other amp (simple as). If none of the amps have any outputs then your gonna have to use both preouts or get a RCA splitter, although if you split the preout you will half the voltage - so a 4v output split to two RCA's, each one would get 2v (something like that).
Hope this helps dude, although i would wait until someone else double checks all of my stuff lol Yet to buy a headunit (waiting for switch card to be sent to me), let alone wire up an amp
Dom

New Poll