corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Today, my company hire car was....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Today, my company hire car was....
MattyB

User status: Offline
17th Oct 03 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2003 Astra 2.2 SRi

And i have to say.........I AM NOT IMPRESSED. For a car that cost over £16k, it left me with a sore back and a right foot wanting more.

I had 2 races on the A1(m) this morn on the way to work, one with a Pug 106 GTi and one a Corsa GSi and needless to say it wasted both away from a roundabout, but not with the kinda cushion i would have liked to have been ahead. Or that i would have expected. Although seeing the performance figures, i guess it was correct to be close thing.

The poor car only had 1000 miles on the clock, and i think it had been cained since new. Hmm, for a near top of the range model, sorry Mr Vauxhall, but 1 for effort i'm afraid. Shabbby boring interior, knotchy gear box and very plasticy.

Although 10/10 for handling and build quality. Still prefer my pug.

Thought i'd share that. lol Feel free to comment.

Matt

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by MattyB]
nik

17th Oct 03 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasted a 106 gti? Very much doubt it.

Figures:- Power: 147bhp
Maximum speed: 133mph
0-60mph: 8.2 seconds

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by nik]
Richie

17th Oct 03 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe they werent bothering to race
nik

17th Oct 03 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AustinPXX
maybe they werent bothering to race

Likely
MattyB

17th Oct 03 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Wasted a 106 gti? Very much doubt it.

Figures:- Power: 147bhp
Maximum speed: 133mph
0-60mph: 8.2 seconds

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by nik]

perhaps they wernt trying then but i could clearly see the kid in the cap behind goign thru his gears like a man on a mission, but obviously he wasnt trying.

i take it u own a pug 106 Gti then nik?? its such a shame they are collecting the car 2moz morn, coz i would have loved to have taken on some competition just too see.

Out of interest, how hard is it to make a standard little pug look like a 106 GTi? is it just bumpers? coz this one looked mighty real to me, and had the leather etc, but then again this astra was sluggish as hell.

Matt
CORSA NUT

17th Oct 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Nick but then there figures aint right the 0-60 is about 7.7 mate.BUT it would not WASTE a 106 GTI.Maybe a very close run though.

For a start a car with 1000 miles aint exactly gonna be run in is it? It will not perform anywere near it's specs.

The handling of all G's is spot on though your right about that.
MattyB

17th Oct 03 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean, i pulled away from a roundabout and was pulling away from it with ease. I call it "wasting" it. But each down to their own discression i suppose. At the same time as this pug 106 on my tail, there was a Corsa GSi side by side with him, but that didnt last long.

0-60 on it was good, but i mean not as good as i would have hoped :S

Handling = The dogs! Threw it into a few corners expecting under steer etc but no, it stuck each every time These were all moments that the old corsa wudnt have stood up to well at all :S

Matt
CORSA NUT

17th Oct 03 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's better

At the end of the day it's only an NA mate.The Turbo versions are in a different league

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Today, my company hire car was.... 22 database queries in 0.0102630 seconds