corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Computer Spec Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Computer Spec Help
Kieran McMutrie

User status: Offline
   18th Oct 03 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I'm going to build 2 new systems for my mates but I'm not up to date on the latest technology. It's been a while since I was last in the building game!

I'm gonna buy all the bits from www.ebuyer.com as they are cheap (although I know not always the best for customer service) and build the systems myself. What I need to know though is what chip, memory and graphics cards etc should I be looking at getting??

1st System - Nothing too flash but need to be able to play games at reasonable quality. Would like a TFT. Any reccomendations on these?

2ns System - Bit more money to spend and wants to be able to play all the latest games

Now both mates don't have loads of money so I'm not looking to spend thousands. I notice AMD do two types of XP chips. I've seen a 2600 Thoroughbred or 2500 Barton. Which is faster?? Do I spend more and get a Pentium?

Any advice gladly accepted. Cheers!
Munchie

18th Oct 03 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get an AMD! dey rock
Corsa Sport Gav

18th Oct 03 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a AMD Barton
luca2020

18th Oct 03 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amd are far cheeper for the same performance, so go with them

graphics wise, ive got a ati radeon 9800 pro 128mb, its the dogs but comes with a hefty price tag, so go for a radeon9600 prehaps

if ur stuck on what to buy, something like computer shoper and read the reviews on what ever u wanna get

also go on there web site where they have a huge gallery of previously tested hardware, and u can sought from price, quality, speed etc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Computer Spec Help 22 database queries in 0.0239611 seconds