corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » UPDATES: Webmail, POP3, Antivirus, Antispam, & Buddy List

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author UPDATES: Webmail, POP3, Antivirus, Antispam, & Buddy List
Tim
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
19th Oct 03 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two quick updates on the site:

U2U from Buddy list

We are making several changes to the buddy system used on the site. You may now click a buddy's name in order to send them a U2U message.

We also want to implement a 'find recent posts by my buddies' feature. What we would ask is that people start to add a few people to their buddy list so we have some information to play with. Watch this space!

Anti-spam features on Premium Member email

A few Premium Members have complained about high levels of SPAM email coming through their accounts. I can assure you that it has never been CorsaSport policy to distribute your email addresses to spammers.

We have now implemented an anti-spam system on all incoming email. Messages which are definitely spam will be deleted at source (using SpamHaus lists to detect messages).

The second step uses heuristics to determine whether a message is indeed spam based on the contents of the message body. Any email deemed to be spam during this testing will not be deleted. Instead the message subject will be prefixed with the word 'SPAM: ' so that you can easily identify it. Some users may wish to automatically move/delete these messages using simple rules within their email client software.

POP3/Webmail

There is now a 'Create POP3 Mailbox' button in 'Premium Services' below your defined email address. Simply click this, and follow the server settings it will provide... Webmail will follow soon! Enjoy.

Anti-virus

All incoming email is also scanned using Symantec gateway virus scanning.

Webmail

You will notice an extra Gold icon in the top menu. Webmail is now available for all Premium members.

To use webmail in association with POP3 mail...

1) Convert your account to POP3 using the Premium Services page

2) Set your password (again on the Premium Services page). Your password for pop3/webmail is seperate from your current site login.

3) Goto http://www.corsasport.co.uk/webmail and login (or click the respective menu button)

Thank for all your support over the year,

CS Admin Team

[Edited on 04-11-2003 by Tim]
BabyBlade

20th Oct 03 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF is does spam stand for? Good job there Admin Team
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Oct 03 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim

POP3/Webmail
Watch this space as this *will* be appearing soon(ish) once I find a spare day to code it all

this will rock.
vibrio
Banned

22nd Oct 03 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33
WTF is does spam stand for? Good job there Admin Team

http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/stepone/story/0,24330,3387393,00.html

http://www.cusd.claremont.edu/~mrosenbl/spamstory.html
Kerry

25th Oct 03 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by Tim

POP3/Webmail
Watch this space as this *will* be appearing soon(ish) once I find a spare day to code it all

this will rock.

wot does it do/mean?
Drew
Banned

25th Oct 03 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim

U2U from Buddy list

We are making several changes to the buddy system used on the site. You may now click a buddy's name in order to send them a U2U message.

We also want to implement a 'find recent posts by my buddies' feature. What we would ask is that people start to add a few people to their buddy list so we have some information to play with. Watch this space!

tim thanks drew for the idea
Tim
Site Administrator

25th Oct 03 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew
quote:
Originally posted by Tim

U2U from Buddy list

tim thanks drew for the idea

Um Ian asked me to post about the change -- he didn't tell me it was your idea -- so thanks Drew
Tim
Site Administrator

25th Oct 03 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by Tim

POP3/Webmail

this will rock.

wot does it do/mean?

Instead of your CorsaSport email being forwarded onto another account, such as Hotmail, it is now possible to change it to an individual account in its own right -- you can then setup a program such as Outlook or Eudora to read your email. Webmail will also be added which will pretty much be like Hotmail but FAST
Drew
Banned

25th Oct 03 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol - i posted in that special place
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Oct 03 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tim this is very cool, not sure if i need another mailbox though
Tim
Site Administrator

25th Oct 03 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's fair enough
DanielJ

25th Oct 03 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easy b fckd i got lost straight away we need a tutorial
Richie

26th Oct 03 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All done cheers timmeh!
Noonster

26th Oct 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks all set up in outlook now.....
Much faster to check and send my emails now, as I dont have to wait for it to log onto Hotmail/Lycos.....

- Well Impressed
Tommy

29th Oct 03 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew it started with Python aint i clever

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » UPDATES: Webmail, POP3, Antivirus, Antispam, & Buddy List 22 database queries in 0.0138030 seconds