corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speeding fines do you think they are tough enough

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speeding fines do you think they are tough enough
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
29th Oct 03 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't in some situations. on the way to work there is a 40mph limit through some road works and virtually no person sticks to it. so while I am sitting at 40 having all the cars go past and have people drive up my arse because they can't get past there is no inforcment of this limit. now if speeding fines where higher then people would be less likely to speed.

had one honky in an A4 sitting close behind me. I dabbed the brake pedal and he must have slammed the brakes on as his car squirmed
Steve
Premium Member

29th Oct 03 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if any one gets to close behind me i either get a stiffy or just slam on the brakes to shit them up
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i show them the brake lights first, and if they show me the finger, or get closer, i put my fogs on and dab the brakes. This really pisses people off. Serves them right for tailgating.
Robbo

29th Oct 03 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve106GTi
if any one gets to close behind me i just slam on the brakes to shit them up

Me 2... works everytime an if they crash in2 u its their fault for tailgating
Trotty

29th Oct 03 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ditto the above, people sitting half an inch from your rear bumper really pisses me off!
Jason Iles

29th Oct 03 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If people sit on my rear bumper I look very angry in the mirror till they get scared and back off.

If they are double hard bastids and dont back of I rant the tits out of the little 1.2 and get the extra centimeter gap
DAYZEE

29th Oct 03 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RobboSRi
quote:
Originally posted by Steve106GTi
if any one gets to close behind me i just slam on the brakes to shit them up

Me 2... works everytime an if they crash in2 u its their fault for tailgating

Thats not entirely true, you are not allowed to just sling the anchor out when someone tailgates you. You must have a valid reason for an emergency stop. As a coincidence though many dogs/cats/deer etc have ran out if front of me when someone just happens to be tailgating....
vibrio
Banned

29th Oct 03 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don;t slam them on but gently touch them. thats enough to make them slam on the brakes behind
paul_spurrell

29th Oct 03 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
I don;t slam them on but gently touch them. thats enough to make them slam on the brakes behind

This is true
Adam-D

29th Oct 03 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think they are tough enuff
3 points and £60 is exccesive for me coz i earn fuck all.......
andy hirst

29th Oct 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fines should be higher for excessive speed, but shouldnt get 3 points for SP30 (threshold at 39). points should only be given if it is dangerous to be driving at an excessive speed.
vibrio
Banned

29th Oct 03 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah 35 is a good cut off for speeding in a 30. more built up area's should be 20 with more speed bumps. the ones that stay sof when you go over them at a certain speed but stay hard if you try to go over at a higher speed
Paul_J

29th Oct 03 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way I think it should worked is a level based fine / penalty...

i.e.

if your say 10% over the limit then you get a money based fine like £30... if your 20% over you get a fine like £60 if your 35% over you get £60 + 3 points... if you say 50% over then its £120 + 4 points... any more = 6 points and £120 fine...

or something like that...

so basically you won't get points for doing 35 mph in a 30! but you will get fined so you won't wanna do it often.

Paul J
Paul H

29th Oct 03 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do what i used to do and get a switch on the dash for the brake light a couple of flics and they soon back off.getting back to the subject no i don't think the speeding fines are tough enough.i think caught once £250 fine and six points caught twice you get banned for six months.that would soon slow people down
andy hirst

29th Oct 03 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
nah 35 is a good cut off for speeding in a 30. more built up area's should be 20 with more speed bumps. the ones that stay sof when you go over them at a certain speed but stay hard if you try to go over at a higher speed

you nearly gave me a heart attack saying that, there should be none at all there are shit and i hate them.

38 used to be the threshold when my dad was on traffic, but now all the cams are linked to a central processing office with is run by civilians who will write up anyone doing over 35. When my dad used the laser on the motorway, you had to be doing 85 to get done and he would never catch you going both ways, also on normal roads you had to 12mph over the limit before they would get you. Aint like that now.
Ned

29th Oct 03 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Trotty
Ditto the above, people sitting half an inch from your rear bumper really pisses me off!

Like me Trott?
vibrio
Banned

29th Oct 03 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by soaped
quote:

you nearly gave me a heart attack saying that, there should be none at all there are shit and i hate them.

38 used to be the threshold when my dad was on traffic, but now all the cams are linked to a central processing office with is run by civilians who will write up anyone doing over 35. When my dad used the laser on the motorway, you had to be doing 85 to get done and he would never catch you going both ways, also on normal roads you had to 12mph over the limit before they would get you. Aint like that now.

no there should be more in proper places. around estates with children playing etc etc. we have them on our street but they are the big huge ones that you couldpark on big cars just fly over them, other cars just speed up between them. Lynne even had someon overtake her on our street
DanielJ

29th Oct 03 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
i think they are tough enuff
3 points and £60 is exccesive for me coz i earn fuck all.......

u earn peanuts then m8? sorry cudnt resist
vibrio
Banned

29th Oct 03 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair he took his speeding conviction right on the chin

Paul_J

29th Oct 03 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewbaccaman
getting back to the subject no i don't think the speeding fines are tough enough.i think caught once £250 fine and six points caught twice you get banned for six months.that would soon slow people down

Bit harsh... say you thought it was a 40 mph limit and you were doing 38 and it was actually a 30 - 6 points + £250... ouch!

imo increasing the penalty won't decrease the amount of times people speed... it'll just mean more people will be getting higher penalitys

If your likely to go over the limit now - you'll still do it if the penality was ban, I'm talking anything over the limit i.e. a few mph over 30 in a 30 accidently...

All it'll do maybe is make us all so concerned about our speed that we end up spending all our concentration looking at the speedo and less on driving.

You saying chewbacca you've never ever gone over the limit? ever?

and if you did would you want 6 points and £250 - even if it was a small amount over?

Thats why my sliding scale idea depending on how much you were over + thus whether you got points / larger penality would be better.

Paul J
Robbo

29th Oct 03 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DAYZEE
As a coincidence though many dogs/cats/deer etc have ran out if front of me when someone just happens to be tailgating....

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Oct 03 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
had one honky in an A4 sitting close behind me. I dabbed the brake pedal and he must have slammed the brakes on as his car squirmed

DanielJ

29th Oct 03 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

we in tandem 2day or sumthn
vibrio
Banned

29th Oct 03 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanielJ
quote:

we in tandem 2day or sumthn

no I saw your comment and though it would be funny to take the piss in stereo. no offense though Adam
Martyn
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

29th Oct 03 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J 11ESY
If people sit on my rear bumper I look very angry in the mirror till they get scared and back off.

If they are double hard bastids and dont back of I rant the tits out of the little 1.2 and get the extra centimeter gap

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speeding fines do you think they are tough enough 22 database queries in 0.0177391 seconds