corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Setting up amp

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Setting up amp
Sparco

User status: Offline
30th Oct 03 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got two 12in subs in my boot and a mono amp. The car has four speakers, 2 front, 2 back, nothing special, just co-axials. How should i set up the gains, low pass filter and low level boost @ 40hz on the amp? Mainly listen to dance music. Should i set the headunits treble and bass to 0 on a scale of -5 to +5?

Cheers for any help

Sparco

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by Sparco]
Dom

30th Oct 03 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright mate,
What you do is set everything to ZERO on the HU (and gains on amp) and (somehow) turn off your 4 speakers leaving your sub going. From what i gather, you use a oscilloscope (?) connected to the amp and adjust the gains until you are hitting the rated wattage....ive yet to get an amp/sub in my car so im abit lost on how you set it up professional, but im sure its something like that mate One of the other fella's on here will help help with that. Although once you amp is set up, then switch on your other speakers, sit in the drivers seat and add a little treble/bass (to those speakers only, if you can) til it sounds good. Then change to other seats and listen. Thats how me and my mate did it in his car and its sounds excellent, although im sure there is another approach to it

Anyways, hoped that help mate
Dom
Fear

30th Oct 03 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to an ICE shop and get it done properly, yes it might cost you £20-30 but it will sound much better for it as they do know their stuff
DIGGIDY

30th Oct 03 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check out this thread... it will give you details on how to setup your system...

Correctly...

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=70035

New Poll