corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Peeps with Magnex back boxes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Peeps with Magnex back boxes
Bonus

User status: Offline
9th Feb 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I’ve had my Magnex back box about 16 months; it’s a 6x4 oval and used to have an oval badge on the top of the pipe. After about 8 months the little badge bubbled, cracked and then fell off, today I finally got my arse round to doing something about it.

Because it had left a sticky burnt on mark where the badge had been, and its not very easy to get off, I sent Magnex an email asking if it was possible to order or purchase a new badge to replace lost one, but I was told that they no longer use the badges on the boxes, but to my amazement, what they will do is replace the whole box! Just over a sticky badge!

Unfortunately my box is more then 12 months old so I can not have a new one sent out, but they did offer me 50% off any other Magnex box of my choice as a replacement. All I wanted was a new badge to save me having to clean the sticky shit off, got no other problems with my box so don’t want to change it anyway.

So if any of you have a Magnex box with a bubbling or lost badge which is under 12 months old, give Magnex an email and you could end up with a new back box for free! Wish I’d emailed them when it had fallen off now!! Oh well. Guess I’ll have to polish off the burnt on mark instead!

Daimo B

9th Feb 04 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

t-cut cleans up the rear cans lovley.

12 months? had both my 6x4's for around 3+ years now
kenryso

9th Feb 04 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got one under a year
LukeGSi

9th Feb 04 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
t-cut cleans up the rear cans lovley.

Was gona do a thread on this....is t-cut the best thing to clean stainless cans, mine are getting black shite on and i want them nice and shiny again!!!
A_Venables

9th Feb 04 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure its fallen off, my car came with a 3"round magnex bb on it, the box hadnt been cleaned properly for ages before and the badge had collected loads of dirt, I then cleaned the whole box including badge with some metal polish to find the badge was there after all!
Bonus

9th Feb 04 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yerh its defo gone. Just a big sticky mark left. I only contacted Magnex to get a replacement badge to save polishing all the burnt sticky stuff off. Couldnt belive they were going to swap my box cos of it! But as I say, more then happy with the box ive got, just needs a clean!
Bonus

9th Feb 04 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But now thinking of the 50% off a new box, anybody want a cheap one?

New Poll