corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tyre Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tyre Help
welshdude

User status: Offline
5th Apr 04 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just bought some Vauxhall Soft Stars and they came with 205/50/16 Tyres. The offset of the wheels is 49. When I lower the car 40mm will the larger type size make the wheels scrub? Ive got a Cors B

thanks in advance
KennyT

5th Apr 04 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got 195/45 tyres on my ET49 16's, lowered 60mm with next to no rubbing.
yours are wider with a larger series of tire so would rub if lowered 60 but u might get away with it only being 40. when u need new tires get a 45 series to be safer (looks better too!)
TOMAS

5th Apr 04 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or even a 195/40/16, they dont handle as well in the wet but my Conti Sport Contacts are very skinny and grip really well in the dry. Only prob is £90ish per corner but you'll get it down 70/80mm before any arch work needs to be done
welshdude

5th Apr 04 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really dont wanna spend almost £400 on tyres no matter how amazing they are! The tyres that I have got are a good make (Continetal) I think i'l just see if they scrub or not first b4 I go out buying new rubber
TOMAS

5th Apr 04 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well I know its mad but I paid around £680 for my set of tyres+wheels from WheelBase. So I got my alloys (mille miglia ravia's) for around £220

Mine are Continental too, somewhere must do them less than £90 a corner though

New Poll