corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fk rear spring is everyone's like this ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fk rear spring is everyone's like this ?
corsafreak

User status: Offline
4th Jun 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had them off again today and there was no old cup. they are actually sitting on the steel cone that is welded to the axle.
now my queston is this- is everyone's like this or have i been sent the wrong part. i presume the correct spring seat would have a larger central hole that would sit entirely over the steel cone and sit on the axle.

help please.

btw the ride is fine they just don't look right.

[Edited on 04-06-2004 by corsafreak]
Siberia

4th Jun 04 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that doesnt look right at all quite dangerous in fact. i didnt have this problem when i removed the old cup but if yers is still like that with the cup removed i dunno what the story is there.
corsafreak

4th Jun 04 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would have expected the spring height adjuster to completely cover the cone and sit flat on the axle tbh. i have u2u toby from rimstyle to check this with fk.
Matt.H

4th Jun 04 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did this mate...when you take off the spring again, hinding in all the shit is a silver sleeve of metal that sits over this locating point. Use a screwdriver n hammer, give it a tap and it should come off. the adjuster should sit properly then.
corsafreak

4th Jun 04 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted now i took the hammer to it, and you lot were right the cones came off and left 2 steel rings.
bloody anoying that i've looked at it twice and was sure it was welded onto the axle, just rust and crap holding it on.

cheers u lot .

New Poll