corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » advice on how much to lower on coilovers vs insurance?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author advice on how much to lower on coilovers vs insurance?
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
13th Jun 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need sum advice,this might be bit confusing...

ive got a corsa B gsi....its meant to be factory 15mm lower than standard corsa's, so if i bought a height adjustable kit and had it set to -15mm, Will it be EXACTLY same as my original standard suspension in height????

basically what im trying to figure out is what to tell the insurance company on how much my car is lowered??? as they charge more if its lowered more than >50mm and less if its less than <50mm????

if i set it to -60mm but then coz as "standard" its -15mm low already,should i just say its been lowered -45mm?? as all mods on a car are compared to it being altered from "standard" spec right?

[Edited on 13-06-2004 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jun 04 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, this would be near impossible to check accurately, I could be cynical at this point and say that its just an excuse not to pay out when they measure it and its 5mm more than your estimation!

Who is the insurer out of interest?

[Edited on 13-06-2004 by Ian]
MoNkEy MaGiC

13th Jun 04 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im thinking of going with Admiral...gotta make my mind up quick though, insurance runs out this week

i know it will be hard for them to measure and check accurately,but yeah it still is a possibility, but then again im only doing it Third Party Fire and Theft anyway, and i will have at least declared that it is "lowered" , wat you reckon??

[Edited on 13-06-2004 by MoNkEy MaGiC]

New Poll