corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rite, may have about £850 to spend on my engine soon! 1.6

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rite, may have about £850 to spend on my engine soon! 1.6
Ali Mc

User status: Offline
   20th Jun 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an R plate 1.6 16v Sport with 60k on the clock.

Need a new manifold as mine is split, but may jus get a cheap standard one.

Am thinking...
Filter
Full s/s system
4 branch manifoldd
Inlet Manifold? Dunno how much these are!?

I can get most things fitted for nowt as my mates a mechanic.

Can people recommend what products to get.

Also wot sorta bhp wud i be pushing and how far off a GTi/VTS wud i be?
MoNkEy MaGiC

20th Jun 04 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok well roughly....

sealed induction kit £150-£250, 3-7BHP (e.g pipercross viper)
Full S/S system £350, 2-3BHP (e.g scorpion)
4 branch manifold £300-£400 3-7BHP (e.g lexmaul)
Inlet manifold £500, upto 20BHP (e.g Mantzel powerbox)

roughly 140BHP with them mods but you really need a UNI-chip to make the mods work well together and increase your rev limit, their about £300.. and then u will need to uprate internals...and basically the list goes on but with that spec an average modified Gti golf and Vts's will be no problem, then again golfs are not really that fast anyway
Greasemonkey

20th Jun 04 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or get a 2litre converison and wave goodby to a 1.6 with the above spec, i have spent thousands on my engine which is a 1.6 £3000+ and a 2litre would still rape my ass, lol, if ya dead set on it, listen to monkey magic, that spec list is spot on, i have everything in it, only difference is i got a superchip and not a unichip, but im gettin a mappable chip in 3 weeks you WILL need it as im overfueling like a B-ATCH
Siberia

21st Jun 04 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
or get a 2litre converison and wave goodby to a 1.6 with the above spec, i have spent thousands on my engine which is a 1.6 £3000+ and a 2litre would still rape my ass, lol, if ya dead set on it, listen to monkey magic, that spec list is spot on, i have everything in it, only difference is i got a superchip and not a unichip, but im gettin a mappable chip in 3 weeks you WILL need it as im overfueling like a B-ATCH

WOW thats a change of tune from u

New Poll