corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ignition question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ignition question
corsapower

User status: Offline
30th Aug 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you turn the ignition on one notch nothing will work but when its on 2 notches everything lights up. is this normal or should i get power to the radio etc when its on one notch.
cheers
o0MattE0o

30th Aug 04 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on how the radio is wired up...
2 notches is the position it always sits in after you start the car it falls to 2 notches again...

1 notch should start the radio up if there is a direct power to it, this is only if it a standard sterio...
corsapower

30th Aug 04 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its an alpine headunit, but isnt there supposed to be a battery light come on when the ignition is on notch 1 mine dosnet come on.
o0MattE0o

31st Aug 04 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no that notch 2 the battary light comes on...

I think you swap the red power lead with the yellow batter lead, to make it turn on even if the car is not running, I think not shore...
ed

31st Aug 04 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The first notch is to disengage the steering lock, the secont notch switches on the power.
corsapower

31st Aug 04 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh rite. thanks very much

New Poll