corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help! new Alpine headunits+Dealers: Milton Keynes??? *PIC*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help! new Alpine headunits+Dealers: Milton Keynes??? *PIC*
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
31st May 05 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly i have noticed this new range of headunits dont really have a bass setting like the older headunits! instead some graphic equalisers which are long to be set and have less bass anyway!

my bro has the above headunit, the face gets jammed and does not open somtimes!!! called up closest Alpine dealer, in Milton Keynes! they said we HAVE to POST the headunit to them!

sounds bit dodgy and not secure, i wont have a receipt or reference that they have it or anything and feel un-confident posting such expensive equipment!!

has anybody dealt with the Alpine dealer in Milton Keynes or know of the process/time invloved??
TOMAS

31st May 05 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone Alpine Directly. If the unit is under warranty then its all good but Alpine have capped prices for repairs on h.units (within reason) fixed rate of about £50+ vat if I remember correctly and that includes carrige back to you. I'd get it sent by Royal Mail special delivery but phone Alpine Directly mate. I one had one fixed through an authorised dealer and was charged £100+ vat for a duff volume button!! The dealer had stuck their wack on top of the Alpine charge!!
MoNkEy MaGiC

31st May 05 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will call them again to confirm everything and what the procedure will be... but im not happy posting away an expensive headunit like that especially when they were not very helpfull!

ive only had it for 1-2 months from new!!!!
so the gaurantee better cover it???????
TOMAS

31st May 05 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I posted away a £700.00 Alpine 7998R when it broke down after 8 month. Royal Mail Special delivery whill insure and guarantee it, just ensure its insured for its value and try and send it away in its original box if you still have it. If not then tonnes and tonnes of bubblewrap and very strong card outer box with LOTS of care/fragile stickers on it should do...
loo_goblin

31st May 05 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have one of the new range and that has oads of bass settings

read the manual
Joff

31st May 05 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC

sounds bit dodgy and not secure, i wont have a receipt or reference that they have it or anything and feel un-confident posting such expensive equipment!!

has anybody dealt with the Alpine dealer in Milton Keynes or know of the process/time invloved??

If you don't post it... how else will you get it there?

Call them up, ask for a returns/repair number and quote that on the parcel and any paperwork.
MoNkEy MaGiC

31st May 05 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i will get a refereance/repair number before posting and use Royal mail special delivery with gaurantee and tracking???

how mcuh will postage cost roughly?
TOMAS

31st May 05 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prob about £10-15. Have a look on RoyalMail.com for prices.

New Poll