corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » not enough fuel?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author not enough fuel?
mikehiow

User status: Offline
25th Jun 05 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa's been running a bit funny for a while, after eliminating a few things, I went to have a look at the plugs, and they are almost imaculate, the engines running a bit lean I think, so I'm guessing it could be a lack of fuel, what could this be? Dodgy fuel pump, fuel filter, kinked hose? Where can I check on all of these things?

Apparently, speaking to an old associate of the previous owner, these problems have always been present in the car, since he ragged it around offroad handbraking the car all over the place.
mikehiow

25th Jun 05 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an eye full of petrol later, I've found out theres a clip broken on one of the fuel lines, managed to get it back on there ok, no help though.

I've tried resetting the ECU before, left the battery disconnected for several hours, but I wonder about if it worked or not as i got no juddering or it running funny as if it was calibrating, just started as normal.

Is there any sure way to reset the ECU? any button or pings on diag port i can short?
mikehiow

25th Jun 05 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh, and

Not sure if its related, or if its common with corsa's, but putting petrol in is dead slow, you can only pull the trigger a little bit before it cuts out, takes about 3 minutes to put a tenner in Neutral
ed

25th Jun 05 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The whole re-setting the ECU is a myth. The ECU self learns all the time....

What engine is it for a start?

The filling problem will be to do with the breather pipes going to the fuel tank, they will need to be cleaned out if it is really slow filling up.
mikehiow

25th Jun 05 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 1.2 8v

how do I clean out the breather pipes?
ed

25th Jun 05 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are two smallish pipes going from the fuel tank to the filler neck, whip them off and see if they are blocked up.

Under fueling 1.2 8v....... Have no idea what could be wrong. You got an ECU fault? Oh, also, when you turn your key to position 3 on the ignition with the engine off does the ECU light come on? Noticed on a few, including mine, that the ECU bulbs had been removed
mikehiow

26th Jun 05 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, igniton on but engine not started the ECU light is on, but its not on whilst the engine is running.
mikehiow

5th Jul 05 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*bump*

anyone got any ideas, would I be better off taking it to a garage if leads, rotor arm and standard airbox doesnt fix it?

Or is there more I can do myself?
Ant

5th Jul 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

The filling problem will be to do with the breather pipes going to the fuel tank, they will need to be cleaned out if it is really slow filling up.

Not true I had a 1.4 14v that gained 8bhp on the rr First run power was very down second run ecu was reset prior and it came up 8bhp more broster was there as my witness!!!
broster
Premium Member

5th Jul 05 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aritchie
quote:
Originally posted by ed

Not true I had a 1.4 14v that gained 8bhp on the rr First run power was very down second run ecu was reset prior and it came up 8bhp more broster was there as my witness!!!

agreed!

New Poll