corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Need advice on Bump steer and torque steer with redtop Corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need advice on Bump steer and torque steer with redtop Corsa
Steve Smith

User status: Offline
28th Jul 05 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted the redtop to the Corsa b and all seems fine apart trom the bump steer which causes the car to 'wonder' down the road. This can depending on the road turn into torque steer adding to poor handling. I do understand the difference in bump and torque steer please dont confuse the two.
The car has generally very goop grip and torque steer is no worse than expected.
The suspension is uprated but not of a quality set up, just Gmax springs and shock absorbers lowered 40mm, although the front has gone further now due to the increase in weight.

Has anyone got any sound advice about eliminating the bump steer issue? I understand i will need to uprate the suspension, but before i go chucking cash in the wrong areas can someone give and sound advice from their own experiance.
Steve Smith

28th Jul 05 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ig it helps the car is running a std F20box and differential.
195/40R16 tyres
6jX16et44 wheels
and about 165bhp at the crank
corsapaul

28th Jul 05 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is bump steer?
Jake

28th Jul 05 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when the wheels steer themselves without moving the steering wheel
Jake

28th Jul 05 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/longtech3.htm
Steve Smith

29th Jul 05 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jake, that is a superub definition of bump steer. I have spoke to many peolple to day and concluded that i just need better springs and shockers. The advice is to get specific courtney 2.0 front springs and bilstein front shockers. This should restore the ideal ride height and good bound and rebound control with the damper.

New Poll