corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Grrrrrr! Dead pixel in LCD TV

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Grrrrrr! Dead pixel in LCD TV
Matt H

User status: Offline
29th Dec 05 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought it today, switched it on & there is a big ol' green pixel sticking out like a sore thumb

Wouldn't normally mind but I got it quite cheap & I know it was the last one. Shop will only offer a refund

Butler

29th Dec 05 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe cosmo has some pixels for sale hehe
_Allan_

30th Dec 05 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
i believe cosmo has some pixels for sale hehe

Nismo

30th Dec 05 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some companys will only replace the item if theres more than 5 dead pixels, take it back they should offer you like for like wether its in the sale or not.
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Dec 05 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Some companys will only replace the item if theres more than 5 dead pixels, take it back they should offer you like for like wether its in the sale or not.

I got stung by that on my 6680, wouldnt fix it on warrenty because it only has one dead pixel

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
L33 LEG
Banned

30th Dec 05 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grrrrr
Greg_M

30th Dec 05 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle TI got stung by that on my 6680, wouldnt fix it on warrenty because it only has one dead pixel

thats crap. i would kick off. if its not working to your satisfaction (i.e not 100%) then you are entitled by law to a replcement or a refund. The only way they can refuse a replacement is if the item is fully working and fit for the purpose it ws bougt for.

tmobile tried telling me i have to send my d500 off within a month of having it, i kicked off and told them my rights, they soon gave me a new one
Nismo

30th Dec 05 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo

I got stung by that on my 6680, wouldnt fix it on warrenty because it only has one dead pixel

it happened with me with my TFT and i took it back and started shoutiong in the store , they said they couldnt take it back so i said right have the hole pc lot back then and they then took it back.
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Dec 05 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You think if i go back and say "Right then, you can have the phone AND the charger back motherfuckers" it will work for me?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
John

30th Dec 05 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One dead pixel is well within the iso specifications, should check dead pixel policys before buying.
Majority of manufacturers won't replace for just one even though one can be as annoying as loads.
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Dec 05 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
One dead pixel is well within the iso specifications, should check dead pixel policys before buying.
Majority of manufacturers won't replace for just one even though one can be as annoying as loads.

You can check the policy all day long, it still wont help you pick a phone without a deadpixel, just luck of the draw.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
slugger_54132

30th Dec 05 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One shouldnt stand out too bad if your using it as a tv, if you take it back you will only get a refund, they are under no obligation to give youa more expensive tv.

If they cant replace it, they are in breach of their contract so they will give you a refund.
John

30th Dec 05 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

You can check the policy all day long, it still wont help you pick a phone without a deadpixel, just luck of the draw.

It can enable you to pick a manufacturer with a 0 dead pixel warranty though, although yes I know what you mean.
Another bit of advice is just say theres something else that they'll swap for wrong with it.
Cosmo

30th Dec 05 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Another bit of advice is just say theres something else that they'll swap for wrong with it.

thats what I was about to suggest.

Find (or make ) another fault with it and take it back for that.
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Dec 05 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

thats what I was about to suggest.

Find (or make ) another fault with it and take it back for that.

Way ahead of you there mate

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Nismo

31st Dec 05 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You think if i go back and say "Right then, you can have the phone AND the charger back motherfuckers" it will work for me?

worth a try

New Poll